Mad Moose Baits

Solarez And Glitter?

I concur with bobv and Mark.  I shoot some createx clear, then sprinkle glitter over top.  I then heat set, and dip into my solarez.  Glitter stays in place just fine!  I normally don't apply glitter to the entire bait either though.  I would be concerned with solarez having a chemical reaction with the glitter if left in mixture for too long.

It's been my experience that if you want a smooth surface after applying glitter your going to need to apply at least one more layer, and maybe more, to cover the flake. Makes no difference whether you mix it with something and brush it on, spray it on or sprinkle it into a layer that's already been applied to the lure. I will admit I have limited experience with the different sizes of flake, but if it's much bigger than the pearls in pearl paint then it's going to stick above the layer it's applied with. You just need to take this into account when making a decision as to when, and how, your going to apply the flake.

Ben