BobP

Slow Site Response Time..... Again

I am experiencing very slow site response times again for the past week, occasionally getting a message that the server is too busy to respond or having to wait up to 30 seconds for the site to respond.  Several other TU members have also commented on the problem, so I know it's not just me!

If this is spammers overloading the site with their crap again, isn't it something that the ISP should be correcting?  I never get this problem on other fishing sites that I frequent, like Bass Resource.com or wmi.org.  

I haven't commented up to this point , but this site is really very annoying. With all the posts about all the problems below, I have all of them as well. I know know one wants to hear this from me but I would rather pay some money up front from the membership per year to take care of this problem. I go on two machines one at work  which uses firefox and at home which has I.E, and I have to wait 20 -30 seconds for TU to load.  Another 20-30 for a thread to load, another 20 -30 to go from thread to thread and then if I have a PM, then another 20-30 for the PM tab to load, and then another 20-30 for the actual PM and on and on and on. I honestly try not to go on this site because this is getting really old. There has got to be a solution to all of this. If there is let the membership know and we all can make some decisions. This can't go on like this, becuase no-one will visit this site and wait. Just venting and tired of this and nothing seems to be working.  Again guys this is just my opinion, I'm not saying we have to pay to upgrade the site problems, however this is just ridiculous.

Funny: It took 20 seconds for the save of this post and another 20 seconds after I edited it. Don't maybe it's just only my computers.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

Not sure how everyone else feels, but I would be willing to go back to paying a membership fee if that's what it takes to get the site running like it has in the past. I sure don't want to see TU fall by the wayside as I love this place. Not only has everyone at TU helped me learn to build and paint lures, but I've made a lot of good friends here. Jerry has said he's currently running the best server he can afford at the moment and if that's the only problem I wouldn't mind chipping into a "server fund" if that will get the site back up to speed. I know there are some who will never pay membership fees for something they've been getting for free or donate toward updating hardware, but maybe there are enough of us who are willing to do it to keep the best lure building website on the internet up and running for many years to come.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts on my suggestion or even share some of your own ideas?

Ben

It's maddeningly slow for me, too.

I agree with Ben.

If it's a money issue, we members need to chip in and help resolve it.

Jerry, maybe you should revisit membership fees, or some kind of an upgrade charge.

Maybe a vanity fund, where we can donate, and receive a medal of valor, along with coupons for nothing.  Hahaha

I can only second to the statements made above , ......some days ago someone shot me a PM asking for help , ...I'm not the fasted guy in typing , anyway , .......after having used 15 minutes to write in the morning before leaving for the job , the PM did not submit due to previously mentioned server problems , and I had to do it all over again , when I got back from work in the late afternooon , ...quite annoying , indeed .

Another point is , .......also mentioned above , ....is it only me or someone else also seems to notice , that the general amount of posts and (new)topics is on decline ?

Could surely blame it on the slow access as well , at least partly , ...I guess .

If it is neccessary to raise funds , I'll surely be with it as well , if neccessary , .......probably also possible to organize internet auctions of donated homemade lures for the purpose , ......I've seen such on another lure site before , ...but just for charity , not for the site upkeep .

Cheers, diemai :yay:

PS :

@ jonesey1961

Welcome to the TackleUnderground , hope you're going to enjoy yourself in here !

I don't think it is server overload; it appears to me to be server failure.  This is nasty for sure, and I would kill for only  20 or 30 second delay.  If a membership is required, so be it, but then the problem MUST be fixed.

I find that the site is slow 24/7 right now.  If it was overload, should there not be at least some good times.  I don't sleep well so I am often surfing day and night.  Not a happy camper right now. 

I too have been having these problems, I'm having to double click on the back button. The server too busy message I havent gotten in the past 2 days but its been extremley slow and a couple of my posts that I typed just disappeared after hitting the post button, this happened after about two minutes of waiting. I know Jerry has been having a lot of trouble with bots, spiders, and scrapers, maybe all of these problems are related I'm sure he'll update us as soon as he gets the problems figured out. I'm just trying to be patient but I agree with everyone that it is an aggravation.

i would be happy to pitch in on a small membership fee per year im not on in the summer a whole lot but i just started making my own lures and painting crankbaits and this is basically all the help i get (and all i need :) ) so i would much rather it run smooth for 10 bucks a year or something wich is extremely affordable but if everyone did this annually it could help this site really become something better than it already is. thanks jim

Incredibly slow and got redirected twice when trying to come here.

I really like this site and the information and comraderie and would be willing to pay for an improved site, whether it be an upgrade fee or annual membership. I do on a couple other sites for other hobbies but the response time and behavior of the site would definitely have to be improved.