joetheplumber

Problems Tu?

Keep getting redirected to some URL web page when I try to get on TU. After a couple of tries it lest me on here. Now I tried to upload pictures in the hard bait gallery and when I get to step 2 and click review it takes me to some shopping web site.............What the !@#$? Am I the only one? This happens on all 3 of the computers I use my ipad and my phone so I really don't think it's a problem on my end, Any ideas on the issue? Thanks....................Joe

I've experienced the same thing.  It began over the holidays when TU got hit by a spam invasion, or something, according to Jerry.

I think some kind of Trojan horse program must be running on the site at the same time as the regular program, and eating up computing power from the server.

But, then again, I'm a carpenter, so what do I know?!!  Maybe they need to get a bigger hammer!  Hahaha

It's been a little better the last few days for me, but it's still like when I first got the internet and had to wait for everything to load.  Sloooooow.

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 1

I have my TU preferences set to send an email to my inbox whenever there is new content added to a post I'm following. Couple days ago there were 7 emails of new replies to the threads I was involved in. Upon investigation 5 of them were from attacks on the site. These attacks are easily recognized as they are usually in some foreign language with a link to another site. There have also been many times I've scrolled down to the bottom of the Forums page to see who was online at the time and seen several questionable usernames. These have to be some of the attacks that Jerry has been talking about. I don't profess to be a computer guru, but these sort of attacks have to be at least part of the reason for the problems the site is experiencing. I know this is aggravating, but let's try to be patient until Jerry can find a fix for the problem.

Ben

Hey, I've been patient.  Can't build crankbaits if you're not!  But the recurring problems with response times and redirections is beginning to kill my buzz.  At some point - and soon - Jerry needs to resolve these problems permanently or TU is going to decline in membership.  I don't experience these problems with any other fishing or lure making site that I visit - and they're all fee sites.  Frankly, they aren't as interesting to me as TU, nor do they have the wealth of information about lure building that this site contains.  But like a lot of guys, I will only put up with so much for so long.  I pay for TU membership and trouble-free navigation of the site is a basic, minimum requirement in my opinion.

Thanks for the hard work on site. The speed is much better. Still getting the URL when I try and get on but I'm sure you'll have it all straight soon. Thanks for all the tech support and working on this awesome web site we all enjoy so much. I'll try the pic loading again tonight and see what happens. Thanks again for the hard work...........Joe