Lil'skeeter

2 Color Adapter

I was watching a you tube video from whopperbaits on 2 color baits. Does anyone know who's injectors and adapter he's using? Not the block, but the small adapter and injectors that have offset nozzles. I've been to all the mold sites but can't seem to find it. Is it obsolete now? Maybe the block is better....any one have experience with both? Thanks for your help.

Those parts he is using in the video are what was used prior to the production of the blending block.  The blending block is much easier to use and produces far more consistent baits.  You can find the blending blocks on bearsbaits.com or basstackle.com.  I purchased mine from bass tackle and it works great, just takes a little time to get the consistency down.  Here are two different colors I have made using my blending blocks.  First is my version of dirty sanchez and the second is key lime pie.

85801CDF-B740-455D-AF0B-0BF1FCBBBBD1-1703-00000205BE6815B8.jpg

EBEC7049-F160-4D35-AE3B-706E855B036C-3192-000003427BCFFE84.jpg

Thanks Bassinfool, I kinda figured it was no longer available. Those are good looking baits. Is that the 702 craw? I really like the key lime, I've caught a lot of fish on the Zoom Key Lime fry. Do you have the 1.5" block or did you get the twin system? The 1.5" block looks like the plastic comes out of the side of the block.

I have the 1.5" block and it works great, no plastic comes out of the sides or anything like that.  As long as you have a consistent flow and pressure on each injector your baits will come out just fine.  What I like to do to help that is to shoot some plastic into an empty cup to get the plastic flowing through each hole and then move to my molds that way the bottom bait isn't all one color and not the other.  That is the 702 craw as well as the 4.25 kodiak craw and 6" full round finesse worm from Bear's.  If you really want those old style tips and blending piece you may be able to find someone who is selling them, but if I were you I would just go ahead and buy the blending block simply because they are easier to use and clean.

Bassinfool, looking at this picture of the block, the two holes where the plastic comes out looks like it's on the side of the block or are the seven holes on the side? It's confusing....I guess the injector holes are not shown and are on the opposite side of the dual exit holes. Where does the 1.5" measure? Height or thickness?

BLENDINGBLOCK15-1_zpsabff6bab.jpg

Jigman....do you use the small blending adapter for all your 2 color baits or do you have the blending block also? Do you find it hard to use the small nozzles?

Sorry for all the questions just trying not to buy something I won't like. Sounds like the 1.5" block is the way I should go.

At the very bottom of your picture you can see those two exit holes on the inside of that circular piece.  This is where the plastic will flow out of the block and into your mold.  The two spots where you will put the injectors are on top and are not in the picture.  The hole in the very middle of the block on the side is where a bolt goes through the block uses a little wing nut to keep the block closed.  I think the 1.5" is the measure regarding the width of the block, it isn't very tall at all.

I use the small one and the little nozzles for all my 2 color baits.  I don't sell so I don't need more than that to make my baits.  The small nozzles are not hard to use but they have to be pretty warm on the first shoot.  I warm them up on a griddle while I am melting the plastisol.

Here is how 2 color tubes come out.

13_29_01_10_11_33_43.jpeg

• Like 1

Skeeter just so you know the block you are looking at is one that is used if you don't have the whole Twinjector. It works with two injectors and no cross bar. If you really want things to go smooth the Twinjector is the way to go. The design lets you fill both injectors at the same time and keeps even pressure as you inject. The only thing that becomes a real issue is getting the two colors close to the same temp or at least within ten degrees. But that is a must even without the whole unit. It comes apart and you can use them as individual injectors when doing single colors. I have a few videos in the tutorials section on this site showing the uses for the Twinjector and a few more on you tube look up franksrooty2 . Frank