ksredneck

Flipping Rod And Reel Reccomend?

I personally have nothing but Quantum Accurists for flipping.  I like the flipping switch feature and the reels seem to always give me a fair amount of heavy use.  I fish about abotu 30 tournaments a year, and of course practice days, and overall I think they are decent.  That being said I know plenty of guys who flip with Shimano Curados.  I think the Curado is a smoother real and might pitch lighter baits, but the absense of the flipping switch is the deal breaker for me.  As a casting reel the Curado is almost as good as the Quantum Smoke and I have bunch of 200 series Curados including B, BSF, D, E, and G models.  They do all still work. 

Rods are a more personal choice I think.  My regular tournament partner has a Ducket that he thinks is the cats meow, but it just doesn't do it for me.  I have a lot of different rods, and the one I felt did the best job of putting fish int he boat for me is also the most fragile.  You just have to experiment until you find what you like, but the biggest thing to look for in my opinion is one that does not feel tip heavy when its rigged and ready to go.  A tip heavy rod will tire out your arm and shoulder after 8 hours of continuous use.  Much more so then a better balanced rod.