spoonpluggergino

Help With Vaccuum Box Clear Plastic Film

I made a Vaccuum box to make stencils fro my Bombers, but I am having problem finding the right clear plastic. What I used so far. First  I had a sheet of plastic from an old binder that worked great.it's about .007", but that was the only sheet i could find. I went to Office Depot and tried their clear binder clear plastic, to thin. I tried .010" stencil material I get to many rinkles, hard to work with. Is there special clear plastic sheets that work better than others???

Thanks Gino

I believe Mylar is a popular stencil material that forms very easily when heated up with a heat gun and vacuum sealed to the lure.  Type in Mylar material in google and search through the various places to buy it from.  I'm not sure on the thickness, but look for something similar to the original stuff that worked for you.

The stencils I've made were also made using PETG. It forms well and is plenty rigid after being formed. I built a frame to hold the PETG and after securing it in the frame it is placed in the oven for a few seconds until it starts to sag. It's then placed on the vacuum former. If there are any sharp corners or tight places that don't pull into place when the vacuum is turned on I just warm it up with a heat gun and use the smooth side of a butter knife to help it into the tighter places.

Ben

• Like 1

BLISTER PACKAGING!!! It's the same stuff! Just hop down to harbor frieght with some coupons, get yourself free set of screwdrivers and use that packaging!

With enough heat, the plastic will smooth out (if it's not a flat piece). Much cheaper, considering you would be throwing away the packaging anyway. RECYCLE!

Edited by A-Mac