highwayman

Large In-Line Construction Questions

I've looked on another site on how to construct a large in-line spinner and have questions about the design and hoped you musky guys might help me out.My biggest issue is the front hook was attached by putting a split ring on the treble hook and then just sliding it onto the wire through the split ring.It seems like this would put the bait out of balance.Having a single wire construction may cause the bait to get bent out of shape need frequent retuning.I was thinking about putting some weights, beads, blades etc.on a wire that is separate from the back half skirts,heavier weight,etc using a split ring to connect together making a hinge effect.Just a couple questions and thoughts any of yours would be appreciated.Thanks

It's a work in progress and I haven't gotten quite that far.I'm thinking of using two #8 colorodos which have quite a bit of lift so I'm thinking maybe an ounce or more.Something I'm sure I'll have to fart around with.The other consideration is not to make it so heavy that it wears you out using it.After throwing a 1oz spinner bait (which isn't big in musky standards)all day;I'm spent.{I'm also old}.

Check out the way Mepps makes there H210 double tens. I have been making them the same way for a number of years. They simply add the first treble to the split ring on the hinge, and the extra lead is added to the wire between or after the flashabou. I like the hinge a lot for keeping fish from getting leverage when shaking their heads and they don't bend up as bad. Second tip is to add a small sleeve of shrink tube on the that first treble and fix it towards the bottom of the shank. It really helps to keep the flash from sticking between the hooks in the bottom of the treble.

Good luck, it's fun to make them,

Rocko