13 posts in this topic

Thought some of you older guys may be interested in this- It's been going here for about 15 years here, not a member yet but approaching THAT certain age  :mad: .

Great thing, especially for single guys etc.

Pete               http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_Sheds

Thanks Dave, that's the 'official ' website--I don't know how that happened, did the 'Mods' modify the address :oooh:  :? ??? OR was it me???

Here is what I meant to post -   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_Sheds  --I just thought some guys would be interested in the history and how well it seems to be working here (and in N.Z - U.K  - Ireland) --Is there any in Indonesia yet??  I think there is a bit of this going on there too   :tipsy:  .

Pete

Edited by hazmail

I thought this was gonna be a thread where folks posted pix of their workshops.... I can't wait to see what Mark is going to chime in here with!

Ah, I get it now. Didn't really understand the first time around. Certainly nothing like that here, unless you count billiard halls :)

Dave

Unlike a strip club mens sheds give men in a community that dont have the facilities of a well fitted out workshop, a chance to get together to pass on their knowledge, skills and experiences with others while also doing projects that benifet the community they live in. They also help otherwise disengaged and "forgotten " men to feel a sense of worth. They are playing an important role and filling a gap that exisits in a lot of communities.

regards mick

Edited by tupong

stay a way from sheds .they mean to make you work .that were i keep my tools at  ok whts that certain age .i keep hearing that an when your out in the work force it being passed on.knowing it or not.an here to.