School Master

Name That Bait

We have a new front runner gentleman. CADMAN CRAW is killer! CADMan, when I make my first million I promise I will give you a cut or a new Ranger Z or a cup of coffee or something. The original was actually drawn on AutoCad for a design project for class. I made some changes to it and re-drew it at work. We have BobCad at work. Not a 3D modeler, so it was a little tough. However, it came out really nice. Thanks to my buddy Rex too for helping me cut it out. Making your own stuff is really awesome. When you get the chance to design the mold too, it's even better. I can't wait to see what my 5th bait looks like.

Thanks Guys

Keep the Names coming.

We have a new front runner gentleman. CADMAN CRAW is killer! CADMan, when I make my first million I promise I will give you a cut or a new Ranger Z or a cup of coffee or something. The original was actually drawn on AutoCad for a design project for class. I made some changes to it and re-drew it at work. We have BobCad at work. Not a 3D modeler, so it was a little tough. However, it came out really nice. Thanks to my buddy Rex too for helping me cut it out. Making your own stuff is really awesome. When you get the chance to design the mold too, it's even better. I can't wait to see what my 5th bait looks like.

Thanks Guys

Keep the Names coming.

I'll take a beer instead. Anyway, yes it is pretty awesome to draw and design your own mold and then physically make the product. That is really a cool school project. BTW I currently use Solidworks, and it's nice to know how to draw and design, as there are so many real life applications you can use a cad program for in day to day stuff. Anyway job well done on the plastic bait.

Thanks Guys. I will keep my phone on me to see if Zoom calls buuuuuutttttt, I'm not counting on it. In the mean time I am going to sell as many as I can. I going to start putting all 6 colors I make on Ebay if you guys want to check some out.

Bryan, I like edge craw a lot too. I could see that on the label for sure. That might be my new favorite.

Steve,

I designed this bait on a program called BobCad. It is a computer design program that can make 2D or 3D drawings or models, that then can be programed into a CNC machine to cut it out. There are lots of different modelers out there. The majority of my expeirence is in 2D. Just recently I started learing more about 3D modeling which will make bait design 10 times easier.