• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Burke

Mike Burke

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hello...I see that there is a lot of talk about different toaster ovens not having accurate temps. Some I see are off 50 deg.  Has any body here ever did a test on different toaster ovens to see which ones are the most accurate ?

Maybe there could be a thread that everyone can post their : Stove type..temp on dial...actual temp.....

I am new to powder painting and have everything but a Toaster Oven and am looking for a Good one....any suggestions from you with more experience ??

#2 Jig Man

Jig Man

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Mine is a $2 garage sale oven.  I have used it for close to 20 years.  I just learned where to set the dial to get a good bake and not scorch the paint.  It took some trial and error.

#3 cz75b

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

I use a bullet casting thermometer and can watch temps thru the glass.....my thrift store over only has bake and broil so I am able to get close to 400 degrees and back off when I need to, works great.

#4 gone2long

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

yeah I wouldn't lose sleep over what model mine is from goodwill all you need to do is set the dial and test once you found your sweet spot then your set.

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Mines a sunbeam
Off by a lot. Set on 425 it gets to 375
But it turned out well.
I found that lower temps and more time give me a harder bait without melting.