patrick reif

Basstackle Swimbait Mold

I'm trying to decide between the BT 662, and 631 swimbait mold for a finesse swim jig. I'm leaning towards the 662, but would appreciate any input.

Does anyone here have any of those molds, and how does it compare to the DOA C.A.L. 3" shad tail?

I've tried to get in touch with Kevin a couple times, but haven't had a response yet.

http://www.basstackle.com/631_Blunt_Nose_Ring_Swimbait_5_Cavity_p/631b-kj-5.htm

http://www.basstackle.com/662_Swimbait_p/662-kj-5.htm

Is there another carver who you know of that carves this bait? I'd like a link if possible.

Many thanks

Edited by patrick reif

I would highly reccomend the 5in swim ripper mold.  I have justed started with plastics and have no experience with injecting but as far as the bait it's great.  Looks just like a skinny dipper.  I usethe big 5in on swim jigs and it is unbelievable.  Plus when the fish tear it up you can rip off the head and use it as a 3in bait.  Just my personal opinion though.  Even if you don't get that one you should try the bigger baits on the swim jig.  Plus, you could fish it as a regular swimbait also.  Kill 2 birds with one stone.

I have the 631 but with the regular nose. The real key to both of the baits is the tail. It swims great at any speed. If you buy the regular nose ringed bait you could just pinch the nose off and you have the 631. Really don't believe there is another bait that swims better than this bait. At a show this weekend a pro was throwing the 631 on a 1/4 oz head in a tank full of bass and could not even show how to use the bait without getting bit. The crowd went wild as he just could not show them how well it works. But them again I guess he did. Either one is a great addition to your arsenal. Frank

I have the 631 but with the regular nose. The real key to both of the baits is the tail. It swims great at any speed. If you buy the regular nose ringed bait you could just pinch the nose off and you have the 631. Really don't believe there is another bait that swims better than this bait. At a show this weekend a pro was throwing the 631 on a 1/4 oz head in a tank full of bass and could not even show how to use the bait without getting bit. The crowd went wild as he just could not show them how well it works. But them again I guess he did. Either one is a great addition to your arsenal. Frank

Frank,

Best open pour swimbait mold,  RTV or Alum? 

Thanks,

Cliff

My anniversary is tomorrow and can't decide between the 631 and the 639. BassTackle has these in a five cavity now with each cavity having it's own injection port for shooting laminates. The 631 is 3.5 inches and the 639 is five inches. Any ideas on the most versatile size? Can't afford both so must choose one or the other. Opinions?