Seeking 56

Signing Your Lures

Many of the organic solvents will dissolve inks so if you will to test the pen you choose with the typical coatings you use.  

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/topic/23631-pen-to-write-on-lures/?hl=%2Bpigma+%2Bmicron#entry177445

Help! Problem With Ink Running Under Polyurethane Topcoat - Hard Baits - TackleUnderground.com

I use waterslide decals to put names on lures. If you have a photo editing program they're really easy to make and you can choose from an unlimited supply of fonts and colors. Anything from classy and elegant to plain and simple. Plus they're exactly the same every time.

Ben

To keep your ink from running.  Shoot a layer of clear createx top coat over the signature and heat set.  That should solve your problems.  But yeah, I use the needle point sharpie too.  

I may use your idea rayburnguy, perhaps for putting dates on the lures. 

To keep your ink from running.  Shoot a layer of clear createx top coat over the signature and heat set.  That should solve your problems.  But yeah, I use the needle point sharpie too.  

I may use your idea rayburnguy, perhaps for putting dates on the lures. 

The main reason I use decals A-Mac is my handwriting sucks. To borrow a quote from Mark, "I should have been a doctor" because sometimes I can't even read my own writing. You could still use your handwriting, or anyone elses for that matter, to make a decal. Or if you've got a company logo you could incorporate that into a decal as well. Not trying to say decals are the best and easiest ways to do things. Just trying to provide alternatives............Ben

The main reason I use decals A-Mac is my handwriting sucks. To borrow a quote from Mark, "I should have been a doctor" because sometimes I can't even read my own writing. You could still use your handwriting, or anyone elses for that matter, to make a decal. Or if you've got a company logo you could incorporate that into a decal as well. Not trying to say decals are the best and easiest ways to do things. Just trying to provide alternatives............Ben

gotcha.  Have you tried solarez over your decals?  Any issues?  I used to print my swimbait fins on decals when I was using epoxy.  They looked great, but the only bad thing about swimbait fins was the size.  One crack in the clear from hitting a rock and the fin would look horrible since water could spread underneath the decal.  But my signature is big enough, I'd like to just put "April 2013" on it in very very small font.   

Haven't gotten my Solarez yet A-Mac. Finally got around to ordering it today. I had a problem with DN wrinkling a couple decals, but not all of them. Not sure what happened to the couple it wrinkled. I think DN has some pretty stout solvent in it. I doubt there would be any problem with the Solarez on top of decals though. Since it's intended use is for surfboards, and surfboards have decals on them, it shouldn't have any adverse reactions.

I contacted customcutstencil.com a couple months ago because I wanted stencils to airbrush bait names on lures. Three different bait names, 28 reusable stencils 1 1/4 inches long for under $11.50. I haven't ordered them yet but that is a terrific price. No place else I looked was remotely close. I requested prices in oilboard and mylar, same price. Steve Lewis is the guy's named and he was very polite. Might be an option to consider. My handwriting is pathetic and I wanted that crisp, professional stencil look. I make no promises. Like I said, I haven't ordered yet so I don't know what they'll look like.