Larry Johnson

Shipping To Ontario

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and to making my own softies and have run into a problem.  I can't find a supplier who carries dye that will ship to me in Ontario, Canada.  Jann's flat out refuse to ship outside the US and there isn't any suppliers that I'm aware of in Canada that carry dye.  Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Iv been buying at plastic world too. Online store worked well for me too as i don't get in to the city often enoguth. 

@ larry - they carry all the dyes that aluilite sells. thought they only seem to stock some of the powders i once special ordered thefull powder set from them, took a couple weeks but was way cheaper then ordering direct. 

@ little man - they have had the 5 gallon in the 2 times i needed (thought im usual good with a gallon or 2)

Also watch out since they moved, no longer on shepard, they are now on chesswood just north of shepard

If your not far from the boarder, find a location stateside to have an order shipped to. I'm in Ottawa and it is cheaper for me to make the 1.5hr trip to pick up on the other side of the boarder than it is to have it shipped over to me. On 5 gallons, my gas is a lot cheaper than shippin over the boarder. At the same time I'll grab groceries while I'm there and the savings there make my trip well worth while.

I agree with BBA,

I ship all my orders to a freight forwarder in a small town just below the US border, they charge me 3 to 5 dollars to receive the packages. It's a 45 minute drive from Montreal. Since many U.S. companies ship within the states for free on quantity orders it's well worth the drive. I return to the Canadian border and I always declare the goods and there value and have never been asked to pay taxes or duty. If the value is under $100.00 or so I don't think it's worth their time and energy to pull you over for the collection if you are being honest with them.

I hate being reamed by fed up or UPS for over inflated brokerage fees and all there extra fees. It's not worth it to bring goods in when the fees cost more than the product itself.

Under $50 I have never paid brokerage or duty if it comes into Canada with the United States Postal Service.