Stonepointer

Hello From Desert California

Hello everyone,

I found this site sometime last year and have found a lot of useful information and have seen some very fine hand crafted lures here. 

I only just joined today, I don't know why I didn't join earlier.

I am somewhat new to making my own lures, but have been using improvised tackle on and off for a long time.

I favor ultralight gear for the time-being, but learned to use a baitcaster recently.  I enjoy mostly trout and panfish, but I am looking forward to landing a striper whenever that opportunity comes to me.

Last year I made a rather poor Devon minnow, but it works and that started  me off in making more lures.

Since, I have made about 6 or 7 inline spinners, one made with household items, and a small ultralight spoon made from a piece of gold junk jewelry.

Currently I have in progress, a couple dimpled casting spoons, and about 3 or 4 wooden hard baits, like an ultralight minnow and a small fatbody panfish made from scraps of firewood.

Some things I had to figure out for myself and so I might not have chosen the best wire or hardware methods on some of my projects.

This looks like a very good site to get proper ideas on making tackle and lures. I am sure to find good ideas for that amongst the membership here.

Once again, hello to everyone.