SNOWMAN CUSTOM BAITS

I've Made A Horrible Mistake!

I been hand pouring for a few years but I finally broke down and bought some good injection molds and the very first baits came out perfect. Only experience injecting molds is the little cheap plastic molds from Jann's and they are hit and miss with bait quality but ever bait with these molds was perfect with no experience except what I learned on here. With this quality of bait out of the gate I hope my bank account can survive this horrible mistake. Thanks guys for all the help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-27583-0-39144900-1366067493_thumb.jpg

post-27583-0-64812200-1366067506_thumb.jpg

I also prefer hand pouring. Way more freedom to apply your imagination and the artform.

I do not own an injection mold system and I never will.

Not knocking those who do the injection thing; it's just my preferance.

Can't beat old school; lol.

• Like 1

I prefer injection because of the speed.  I work 60 hours a week and still have a home, garden and yard to tend to.

I have a couple hand pours that I revisit to be humbled.  There certainly is more art to hand pouring, but I can live with injection molds because of the time I have to do it in.

In a few hours of work, I can pump out enough baits to last me a season.

The only baits I sale are my swim baits.  I'll make them if some one will make it worth my while.LOL

I think you have it backwards Snowman. The injector got into our hobby because people wanted their baits to look like the store bought baits. It also made it easier to create baits that do not have flashing from pouring "outside the lines". I think both these points are so the baits will catch the fisherman.

The fish do not care if there is a flat side to the bait. In reality, the flat side creates more action and shows the fish something different compared to the store bought (read fully round) baits they see everyday.

I will admit that I own a few aluminum Senko style molds but that is the only fully round bait I throw.

I pour my favorite crappie bait by hand and love to do it but have a ton of injection molds for bigger bass fishing soft plastics. I like using both but note to you boys out there that have a wife wanting you to be home more and not out in the shop making tackle.. WHEN YOU GO IN THE HOUSE TO DO IT DONT COVER THE COUNTERS.. i did and put a melted plastic jar on the edge of the counter and walla BURNT HAND.. So words of advice would be to always wear gloves and stay in the shop.. :)