BrownPigs

Bearclaw Airbrush Kit

The single biggest limitation I have found using an airbrush to do a quality paint job is having an adequate and consistent air supply. I started with a smaller compressor like the one in the kit and fought it every time. Since then I have connected a filter/regulator to a bigger compressor with storage tank I had in my garage and now I have unlimited options with my airbrushes.

Edited by quickdraw

Here's another starter kit from Master (Chinese) for $99 - http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=ECO+KIT-17-CRE

The starter kits are just that - basic stuff that will get you started.  The main things you need for airbrushing are an airbrush and a compressor.  I think you'll find the kits contain OK stuff but you'll want trade out parts for "better stuff" as you gain experience.  Two strategies-  either buy a kit or buy an airbrush and a compressor separately and build your own kit.  I started out with a $25 single stage airbrush and cans of compressed air so far be it for me to rain on anyone's parade about what to start with.

If you want to start airbrushing try this, go to Harbor Freight and get their airbrush, then go to Hobby Lobby for one bottle of airbrush paint and start there, and after you know what you want to do and how to do it get a good airbrush to meet your needs. I went through it all and wasted money

Plus ask any question on this site and you will get as always a good answer. I am still learning but information is always here, the guys are great.

Wayne

I buy my air brushes from hobby lobby. they Iwata Neos gavity fed double action and for the the money you cant beat them. go to their website and down load the discount you find there and go get one and start practicing. i have three of them and use different size needles to spray different size lines, i also have a multi tank compressor to have a lot of air

Jeff