-fishboy-

Boss Jig Armor Paint Question

I like the jig armor better, it seems to give a more consistent solid coat than the protec. Just my 2 cents. Heat gun + fluid bed, same as most powder paints :)

What colors do you have? I noticed that the jig armor paints in magic craw and brown camo craw don't work in a fluid bed the same as the protec flake colors, the solid colors work but the ones I got you need to shake and dip as the fluid bed makes for uneven finish. If it worked in a fluid bed I'd be happy but the way it is now it is too hih in price.

@ Smalljaw: I have only used the solid colors so far, I like them because they seem to give a thicker coat than say protec. I've been thinking about trying the multicolors in jig armor and your info is making me think twice about em, thanks for the heads up!

Don't get me wrong Tree_Fish, I really like some of those colors they got but since they don't work in a fluid bed I figure why pay that much so I use Columbia Coatings for a lot of special colors and some of the protec colors like dragonfly and junebug are really good, but like the jig armor paint it doesn't work in the fluid bed but is a lot better on price.