ravenlures

Wood Lathe

Has anyone made a vacumm system for their wood lathe. I am about to make something to suck up the chips from turning down my lures. I have a jet vacumm, but I would like to enclose my work, I use a Vega duplicator and turn alot of maple. Maybe some of you guys can give me a idea before I start and save me some time. If you have a picture that would really be helpful.

Thanks

Wayne

Is there any way you could attach a bracket to the duplicator to hold the vacuum hose? I found some online photos of the Vega Duplicator and it looked like there should be a way to do this. If your vacuum has enough suction and you could position it directly above the cutter seems like it should suck up the shavings as they are cut away from the stock. I'm not a wood turner so don't holler at me too much if this is a crazy idea.

Ben

Ben

Not a crazy idea, while watching TV last night I came up with a way to do this. I am going to use a magnet that I have for my table saw to hold the hose and then can be removed when not needed. I will post a picture hopefully later today. I was looking for a more inclosed way but this should work.

Thanks

Wayne

I mentioned a awile back about turning PVC it turned nice but when I got down to 3/4" I could snap it in half easy, so not so good for lures on the smaller size.

This is one on my fathers magnets, he collects them from old speakers and drills out the soft centre part and taps out for little bolts. He uses them on machines and girders to hold things in place, this a waste pipe clip on a shop vacuum hose. The magnets are very powerful but not powerful enough to stick to wood. When i couldn't find a tap i have drilled out larger sized holes filled them with five minute epoxy and then with vaslene on bolt pushed it in until the resin sets and then unscrew. 

13155532935_403ec15841_c.jpg

• Like 1