RayburnGuy

Different Way To Apply Glitter

I use Poly acrylic and mix the glitter in it then pour the acrylic with the glitter over the lure in a big enough cup. Then I keep pouring all the lures that I want to. If you leave the acrylic (water base) sit the glitter will settle to the bottom keeping the poly clear of glitter. Since these are mostly Musky lures I use the turner. You can thin but I don't. 

Wayne

Hi Ben, 

Thank you for your suggestions. I landed upon your article when researching about glitter wall application. I am really struggling to get my wall even. I used modge podge prior with either a paint roller or paint pad. Then, sprayed the glitter with a sandblaster like you described. Walls ended up streaked bc where you stop a streak is created. My sandblaster is the Wagner Power Tex. Would you recommend the Createx being applied first and if so could this be used in a paint gun? Using a paint gun to apply the glue or epoxy will give me a more even application. I would prefer not to apply an additional top coat after the glitter bc I see while testing a vary of formulas that it cut down the sparkle of the glitter by at least 50%. I like the idea of a top coat to keep from loose glitter falling but I want it to be ultra clear and not matte my glitter. I know this isn’t about bait but I do love to fish. Any suggestions I would really appreciate...I am a one woman show handling this wall without the help of a man. Thank you again, Kayla

Kayla,

I really can't make a good suggestion for spraying something as large as a wall. The best recommendation I can make is to go to Youtube and do a search on spraying metal flake. There are multiple videos that show not only how to do something like this, but also the products and equipment you would need to spray large areas.  

Ben

• Like 1