ryanwood99

Is There A Way To Hollow Out A Solid Bait?

I use a straw,,dig the straw in as deep as you want,,peel the bait back then pinch off the piece that straw dug into,,I do it with my trick worms at the tail,,with a bar straw, then I add a couple styrofoam bits in the tail then I use a lighter and melt the rubber over it,,you can use any size straw you want,,Good luck,,Jim

for my trick worms i've been working on, I had some luck when I place a large diameter roofing nail in the tail before I make my mold from DWP. I place the worm on top the the semi-cured DWP, slightly pushing in the worm ~1/2 way. Than allow the bottom part to dry.   Once dry I'll coat the bottom with vasiline and pour the top part half the mold. Once that is dry, carefully separte and take the worm out (with the nail still imbedded in the tail). I then seal the mold with wood glue water mix.   Using the same nail, I place it into the mold and shoot the worm.  this will cause the plastic to shoot around it causing a deliberate cavity. Separate the molds and take out the nail. Seal the end with a lighter.  Now the tail floats.  WahLa!  This works really well this a duplicate of a 5" non-salted stick worm and trick worm (because the end is slightly larger).  I hope this helps.