mp

Dbait topcoat

Envirotex-Lite are very good coatings. They are both 2 part epoxies, very clear and glossy. If you warm the epoxy to around 90-100deg(warm water or hair dryer)it will thin down and can be applied with a small brush. If you spread it out over a small area on a piece of stiff plastic or metal it will give you an even longer work time, 40min+. Do not mix or spread it out on cardboard, wood or paper, and don't use a wood stir stick(toothpic,match stick etc.), use plastic or metal only. Use of wood or cardboard will introduce air and contaminates and could adsorb more of one part than the other and give you a bad mix that will not cure right. These coatings will harden to a high gloss and remain flexible so that it doesn't crack easy from impact or sudden changes in temperature and it protects against UV light. You will need to keep the lure rotating so that it doesn't sag or run. (Source Unknown, but this is very accurate information)

Thinned Etex will not crack like epoxy as it stays flexible...

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!!!

Take Care

Chip :D

Here is some more:

KLASS KOTE is a series of two-component epoxy coatings available in a variety of colors, primers, and clear. Once the components are mixed and reduced, KLASS KOTE covers like most conventional finish coats, and has been tested specifically for compatibility and performance for the demanding custom tackle crafting industry.

Klass Kote Clear #40 will setup (become tack-free) in about 4-6 hours. By setup, we mean become print-free (won't take a thumb print). Packaging time (when product can be handled without affecting the coat) is approximately 24 hours. A longer time is required for sward hardness - or complete dry. All these time estimates assume 70? F.

Also note - Klass Kote is a thermosetting system. It can be forced dried by using a heat gun or placement in an oven. Suggested 120? for 15 minutes.

Klass Kote colors are very bold colors that can be used to cover and protect your lures - from *almost* anything - including salt water and other chemicals. The Klass Kote Clear #40 also does a great job of coating lures! Visit our website for more information http://www.klasskote.com

I used to use this stuff building Giant Scale Remote Control Airplanes. I sprays thin and is impervious to water and gas.

Respectfully,

Chip :D

Thanks Chip,

I dissected a dbait and copied it, everything is the same but I used 2-ton epoxy for the finish, and I believe that the added weight of the epoxy is hurting the action. I tried to put it on very thin but it still seems to thick. I am currently letting one cure with envirotex lite and I hope that it will be a little thinner. Is envirtex lighter than devcon 2-ton?

Thanks

Got this from the Klass Kote site:

DURABILITY

Continued, prolonged, outside exposures to ultra-violet light may cause some degree of oxidization (chalking) and/or induce slight color fading. Normal periods of exposure will not affect the film. In most conditions, KLASS KOTE will retain its outstanding protective integrity.

The Devcon is NOT affecting the action of your lure. The problem is somewhere else.

Skeeter