bigtexbaits

Divided Cup Info

interesting...so would you use equal amounts of plastic for your swirled baits then?

Each cup will be slightly differant because they are handmade. You have to play around with the amounts of plastic as you want all 3 chambers to pour at the same time.

Basically there are 2 postions to use when you are pouring with the divided cups.(doesn't matter if it is 2 chambers or 3)If you pour from the lowest point(closest to the sprue hole) you will get a fairly nice laminate bait. If you pour from a little higher position you get the swirls. It takes a little practice. Temprature also comes into play.

Nova -

I haven't done this before and I'm getting ready to start experimenting...

In your experience would you say its better to pour at a slightly cooler temp for better "swirling" effect and less "mixing/blending" of colors? 

Thanks.

Rick

Nova -

I haven't done this before and I'm getting ready to start experimenting...

In your experience would you say its better to pour at a slightly cooler temp for better "swirling" effect and less "mixing/blending" of colors? 

Thanks.

Rick

Rick;

I use the same heat as all the plastic I pour. I don't spend any time on what the temp is (I don't even have a thermometer). After 20 + years I just eyeball it. I heat the plastic in the divided cup all at the same time.

I find that the further away you are from the hole in the spru the more of a swirl you will get; The closer you are the more of a laminate you will get.

Cooler will give you a swirl as well but I find that I only get2 or 3 sticks and then I get voids in the stick.