rhersh

What Airbrush To Buy?

Looking to purchase new upgraded airbrush, and wondering what would be better to buy for painting cranks ? I am kicking around the iwata hp-ch with mac valve or the harder&steenbeckinfinity 2in1. any helpfull infor on this would be appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

I have that brush and it is a great brush. I also have a couple of Eclipse CS. The difference is the Hi-line's parts are a bit more precision made and i believe the seals are impervious to solvents. The only downfall that i see (for me anyways) is the hi-line has a .03mm nozzle and the Eclipse has a .035 nozzle. I do not have to thin ANY pearls, irricdecents, colors shifts with the Eclipse. I just stay away fro Createx white and use Poytranspar Super Hide. I do not have to thin any paints with the Eclipse.I guess you can say I'm lazy and/or i don't like the extra work. This is what works for me....

• Like 1

I have the Hi-Line from Iwata as well and I love it, but like 152nd said I do need to thin some of the paints to get them to shoot like I want. And I like the MAC valve as well. It allows you to fine tune the spray without having to adjust your air pressure at the regulator. I don't have any experience with the other brush you listed, but the Hi-Line is a great airbrush and spare parts are readily available anywhere the airbrush is sold.

hope this helps,

Ben

• Like 1

Thanks for your help on my question of airbrushes. It looks like the Hi-Line wins. I just started doing this about 3 Months ago with a harbor frieght gun, I got hooked on it so I purchased a Neo for iwata which is ok, but I now have permision from my better half to purchase the better gun. LOL.  Again thanks alot for the imput on this matter.