Fast Freddy

Dick Nite ?

Probably the single most important topic in hard bait lure building, especially for those that are new to the game. I would expect to see at least two top coat topics on the go at any one time - keep em' coming :)

DAve

Dave i was just trying to be funny....And i agree who knows maybe someone will stumble on the Holy Grail......

Another note on DN, depending on the humidity of your environment a dehumidifier may be necessary... As in one you can use for your garage.  I borrowed one from a contractor bud over the winter in Texas (ha, that's an oxymoron) and it seemed to help out a bunch (for clears, paints, and even pouring resins).  I wouldn't rush out to buy one, but if you happen to have one I'd suggest using it.  When I lived in Oregon, I did not have a dehumidifier and couldn't get DN to come out right for about 6 months out of the year when the rainy season was in.  

Another note on DN, depending on the humidity of your environment a dehumidifier may be necessary... As in one you can use for your garage.  I borrowed one from a contractor bud over the winter in Texas (ha, that's an oxymoron) and it seemed to help out a bunch (for clears, paints, and even pouring resins).  I wouldn't rush out to buy one, but if you happen to have one I'd suggest using it.  When I lived in Oregon, I did not have a dehumidifier and couldn't get DN to come out right for about 6 months out of the year when the rainy season was in.  

Contrary to most popular belief we do have winter here in Texas. It usually lasts from right around Christmas all the way to New years with temps getting down into the 40's. brrrrrrrrrrrrr  Just thinking about it gives me a chill.  :lol::D:lol:

Ben

Contrary to most popular belief we do have winter here in Texas. It usually lasts from right around Christmas all the way to New years with temps getting down into the 40's. brrrrrrrrrrrrr  Just thinking about it gives me a chill.  :lol::D:lol:

Ben

I'm disapointed to only see water temps hit the 40s for a few days... just as the jerkbait bite gets going!  My avatar fish (8.3lbs) came on one of those "cold" January days!

Tap the can with DN, simple.  If you're dispensing into jars, use an inert gas like Bloxygen, which is made for the purpose of presenting a barrier to prevent exposure to the atmosphere.  It works.  Seal the top of the container well!

For coating over foil, I use a slow cure epoxy, after which I scuff it and clean it thoroughly.  I then paint with Createx, heat set, and brush on DN.  For multiple DN coats, scuff between coats and clean with a microfiber cloth.

Final update.. Dipped some DN yesterday morning.. Tapped can poured some into caper jar and dipped away.. Simple as previously stated.. Fumes??? Yes. But certainly manageable with resp./ventilation.. Very clear finish, appears that one coat will be enuff.. Thanks everyone for all the feedback.. If anyone has questions please ask..

• Like 2