Brent R

Info On Revo

I'm looking into to buying a Revo  8:1 gear ratio for a pitching and flipping reel. And i want to put it on a Tommy Biffle 6ft 10inch flipping rod.

Any body know anything about the reel. Any info would be helpful.

thanks Brent

Yes they do make a 8:1 gear rato.  It is the Gen 3 reel....I have been doing a lot of research on the new reels and have read a lot of bad info......All my reels are Shimano and never had any problem with them new ones and old ones. I just wanted to try this reel out for pitching and flipping. But after reading what i have read. I think i will try something else...Thanks for your help....By the way i heard they were coming out with a 9 to 1....

Brent

Edited by Brent R

It is a great flipping and pitchin reel! I absolutely love it! Allows me to get the bait in and out in various spots quickly and allows me once I hook up to get the fish in the boat quicker to keep from getting caught up in the slop! Hope this helps!

I have one, the STX Gen 3 8.1, and use it for hollow frogs.  I want to be able to turn them quickly and get them skiing back to the boat over the grass. I fish it on a Quantum Smoke 7'4" heavy frog rod, and I can cast it sidearm very accurately, so I can hit the little clear pockets on the inside of the grass line.

It is a good reel.

Edited by mark poulson

I have multiple revos by far my favorite reels. I miss when the revo s first came out at 100 that dident last long.

The Gen 3 reels are light years better than the originals, and I know that's saying a lot.

I still have two of the originals that I use for shallow cranks and spinnerbaits, where the brake settings I need aren't as finicky.

They are really smooth, and a pleasure to fish all day.

The Gen 3 reels are light years better than the originals, and I know that's saying a lot.

I still have two of the originals that I use for shallow cranks and spinnerbaits, where the brake settings I need aren't as finicky.

They are really smooth, and a pleasure to fish all day.

Mark,

You are absolutely correct. Definitely some probs with the Gen 1 Revo Supremes. I bought them at the time for $100 each. I will have to look into the new Revos.