Skeeter

Team Daiwa S Crankbait Rod

I have a Team Daiwa S crankbait rod. The other day while using it the cork handle slid down the blank away from the real seat about 3/4 of an inch. The hot glue that they use just gave way. The other day I epoxied the handle to the blank and back up onto the reel seat. Now it looks as though the real seat had turned to the left about 1/4 of an inch also. I didn't catch it. So now my guides all lean to the right about 1/4 of an inch. This just drives me nuts. The rod is in real clean and excellent condition and I enjoy using it. So I need to get the current guides cut off, re-aligned, and re-wraped. I don't know.... maybe I would considered a spiral wrap to the right on this rod too. I am not really concerned about the thread color matching what Daiwa had on there. It would be nice... but not a necessity. So here are my questions:

1. What would it cost me to have the work done?
2. Would it take more guides or different spacing to do the spiral wrap?

Thanks,

Skeeter

There are many rod builders in your area that can help you. I would expect you to pay at least $5 per guide or remove and rewrapped the rod. Adding the spiral wrap may add one extra guide but you may also find that in the end you may actually loose a guide or two as with the spiral you are not concerned with keeping the line off the blank so less guides may be needed. I am located about 3 hrs from you and could help out if needed.