mifon

Adding A Foregrip

I have a couple of Dobyns rods that I really like. I like to hold the rod in front of the reel where I rest my thumb on the line for extra feel. These rods have no foregrip. Without the foregrip, it is difficult to keep the rod from twisting and to maintain control of the rod.

Is it possible to add a cork foregrip to these rods?? Would buying a cork foregrip and splitting it, then epoxying around rod work?? Would this be the best solution? What suggestions do you have that might help me with my problem?

If I added a foregrip, what affect would it have on my rods? Would it change the balance of the rod?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Adding a foregrip will not affect the balance of the rod. The twisting you describe is a big reason spiral wrapped rods perform better...especially with larger rods. It eliminates this twisting.

To answer your question, yes. You can purchase a foregrip of your choice, split it in half, then epoxy it back together. Make suare your epoxy job is clean and use rubber bands to clamp it together until it cures.

Edited by Lilpdriverrat

Adding a foregrip will not affect the balance of the rod. The twisting you describe is a big reason spiral wrapped rods perform better...especially with larger rods. It eliminates this twisting.

To answer your question, yes. You can purchase a foregrip of your choice, split it in half, then epoxy it back together. Make suare your epoxy job is clean and use rubber bands to clamp it together until it cures.

Foregrip will do nothing but give you more to hold on to.  As Lilpdriverrat said, a spiral wrapped rod would prevent this.