barrybait

New To Forum From Cal Delta

Hello Members.  I've recently joined the forum.  Got started by making an ms slammer type wake bait and learned there is more to getting them to walk and talk than I thought.  Then after breaking some expensive crankbaits I found out I could buy blank knock offs.  Taught myself to paint with the airbrush and I'm off and running.  Now I'm also making 6-8 inch wake baits and have learned from the forums here.  I am the Youth Director of a teenage bass fishing team so I have plenty of kids available to test these baits and they can really get them bit!

Fish the California Delta mostly in club tournaments, local tournament series, teen tournaments.  Also love getting after the stripers here in the Delta.  My Dad was a woodworker and I learned from him but I am an Marine Engineer retiring from deep sea sailing so I also have experience with materials, machining, and hardware.  Hope to learn more from the site and also hope I can add some value giving back to the forum with my ideas/solutions/questions.