Slammingjack

Ever Made A Mistake That Came Out Right.

A few months back I was trying to make a dark green bait. Well, I didn't have a real colorant for that color, so I mixed colors together and it had way too much blue in it.  It was so dark it looked black. So I added white to lighten it up. Which helped but it wasn't what I wanted. So I'm setting wondering what to do with this mess of a color. I see a jar of lumina copper(LC) that said add to cold plastic. The plastic was hot.. So I'm like wonder what happens. So I added it. Well it don't mix in when hot. Kind of makes a copper swirl in the bait.  Ended up with a very dark green bait with a copper swirl. Poured some 3 1/2" swim baits and put it in a bag.  Long story short. My Grandson likes dark baits, so he goes out an lands a 4# LM Bass with that bait lol. So now I'm in the shop trying to make that mistake again. lol  Guess I should have wrote it down.

Awesome story, I make good looking baits all the time with scraps I have left over and just throw in a pyrex cup.  When it gets full I melt them down, throw in some glitter, pearl or hi lite and see what I come up with.  Sometimes it looks great, sometimes its just turns out a shade of brown which is okay too.

That is exactly what happened yesterday on the water. Mixed up some watermelon, white, and black glitter. Turned a snot green, I mean nasty looking. Long story short, that was the only color we could get the smallmouth to hit. Btw X2 on writing everything down, never know what will catch 'em!

Well.... Last night i made a mistake that I may never be able to duplicate but it turned out the softest worms I have yet poured. I mean so soft that they're almost jello-like.... I won't mention the plastisol brand but I did neglect to shake it before pouring it into my presto pot.... I'm sure that was the real reason it kicked over so quickly and poured so thin. Even at barely 300' it was like water almost.... I was using a senko style mold and the baits came out perfectly formed with no bubbles or "dents" as I seem to have had a problem with in the past...As soon as I demolded I knew something was bad wrong.... After letting the baits cool they are still just as soft and pliable as any I have ever made (in the short time I have been doing this, that is...). In any event, after a bit of consideration, i am going to take these puppies out for a swim and see what the fish have to say about 'em.