Lonestarbaitcompany

Custom Order Baits

I want to add a page of custom bait suppliers, but their are a ton of them and I haven't done any business with them. I want to use yalls recommendations for the people who visit the forum that decide not to make their own baits. Please list the name of the site and roughly how big your order was (or at least min/no min/). If you had a bad experience list that as well and I will use all these to try and present some good options to our forum users!

thanks for the help.

You're probably not going to get much of an answer on this, if you're talking about people that produce baits in large quantities for resale.  For some reason here lately when someone asks a question about where to get large scale production done, if the question is answered, the administrator or moderators delete the thread.  So most likely if you do get an answer, the thread will be deleted with no explanation why.  It seems it's about bait making, but not all forms of bait making.  Apparently they do not want this type of information on this forum.  I don't think it's breaking any rule, or at least if it is, no one will tell me about it.  Like I said, I've asked questions on why the deleting is happening, and no one will give an answer.  Most likely, this will be deleted. 

I though this site was for learning not to promote business. Remember when people would promote there own company's and products they were deleted. When people tried to get an opinion on there product by hiding behind another name they were deleted. Not even sure if self promoting another website is what we are about even if it is learning based but sells product too. I share so people could learn not any other reason. Just the way I am. Frank

If it wasn't for them advertiser banners at the top, you likely wouldn't have a forum. I don't see why people get so up tight about self promotion. I can see it, if they don't contribute. There is so much promotion around here of companys not even holding a banner, But someone who does, gets flamed.

I've never seen anything saying this was a learning site only.  And I agree with you 100% that if someone disguises themselves for the purpose of self promotion, then of course it should be deleted.  This has always been promoted as a tacklemaking forum and an informational forum.  Plenty of times people have asked where to buy flake, plastisol, and molds and plenty of times the makers of these products have responded without anything being deleted.  But the last two times anyone asked about large scale production, those threads were deleted and once with no one that actually does large scale production responding.  It's about helping each other right?  So what's the difference?  There's been a lot of times that people want me to make 200-300 pieces, which is not feasible for me, and I always refer them to you Frank.  Is there something wrong with that?   If a person is not willing to share information and not willing to be helpful and not also not willing to help promote the forum, then of course I can understand it. 

Edited by carolinamike

Well my intent was not to self promote for sure, I don't sell custom baits, I just wanted to provide people with options. There is so much great information on this forum, it never occurred to me that they where deleting threads on the subject. Thanks for the info, ill come up with another way to get what I'm looking for.

I've never seen anything saying this was a learning site only.  And I agree with you 100% that if someone disguises themselves for the purpose of self promotion, then of course it should be deleted.  This has always been promoted as a tacklemaking forum and an informational forum.  Plenty of times people have asked where to buy flake, plastisol, and molds and plenty of times the makers of these products have responded without anything being deleted.  But the last two times anyone asked about large scale production, those threads were deleted and once with no one that actually does large scale production responding.  It's about helping each other right?  So what's the difference?  There's been a lot of times that people want me to make 200-300 pieces, which is not feasible for me, and I always refer them to you Frank.  Is there something wrong with that?   If a person is not willing to share information and not willing to be helpful and not also not willing to help promote the forum, then of course I can understand it. 

Agreed you are right but some things are better done in PMs and that is where I get most of the questions. Was there not a time when you posted a subject that it warned about such a thing? And asking for negative remarks and calling outa company was not permitted. Which it is still not I believe. Maybe a learning site was the wrong way to say it but this site is controlled by some pretty neutral party's in my eyes anyways. I think we are pretty much on the same page. Frank

There is a directory or luremakers. Any time this was asked in the past, the cheerleader" came out in droves. Not a bad thing, just showing loyalty and brown nosing a bit. This started arguments and once I even tried to grab a guy right through my monitor! If i was in need of some baits, whether it's skirted baits, cranks, plastics, etc. I think I would just PM somebody whose name appears numerous times on the site. People who are still willing to to give back and answer the same questions over and over again which in my opinion (for what that's worth) is what this site is all about. Having a banner helps keep the site up financially, but it doesn't mean they make a good product. Ive learned everything I know about making tackle right from here..........

The main thing that happened when someone asked about large scale production and another member, not me, and without any direction from me, and without my knowledge he was going to do so, put up a link to my website.  I then posted "PM sent", and PM'd the person.  So I think I more than followed protocol.  And I have PM'd several times to ask why this was deleted, when other information was allowed to be shared, without an answer.  Frank, I've seen several times when someone asked about a bait making process that you didn't PM them, but directed them to your videos, which I don't see anything wrong with.  And I don't think it's brown nosing, when you've had very good experience with a company or product and you post it.  Most of the arguments start when cheerleaders hijack these types of posts to claim that someone else's product is better or a lot of times it's not even relevant to the thread that's been posted, such as this one.  I always try to be very helpful and if it's a subject that I have certain knowledge of, that is to say I'm absolutely sure I know what I'm talking about, then I always share the information, even though a lot of times, people have gotten angry at me for doing so.  But no one has answered the question directly, what's wrong with asking who makes baits for resale vs. who makes molds, who makes plastisol, who sells flake, who sells coloring.  It's all relevant to bait making.  And there's been a lot of times that people that sell and make these products have posted on the subject of their products and it was not deleted.  What's the difference?  Sometimes things are neutral and sometimes they're not.  And also this is the only bait making forum that I promote and unlike other people, who jump from forum to forum, I'm loyal to TU

Edited by carolinamike

Well said Mike. The difference I see is that I don't work for any of these company's. I don't have a banner link to a site or anything to promote me. I know you can but I don't. I have many more videos not posted in the tutorials forum because I think some are just to promote company's. most of my videos are worth way more than words and a lot of people get more from that than just words. Most of those were made to show how I do it and do not promote me in the least.

Richard great point on how thing go sour real quick when the cheerleaders come out. I remember a lot of those threads and you have been here way longer than me and most others. Can someone really say it would be better with all the self promotion that other sites let go on. But then when you are on there site you are the bad guy when you disagree with what they believe as the truth. Seen it happen and has happened to me but never here. Frank

• Like 1

I think self promotion off topic etc is bs. But if someone is talking about you and your products. Is it wrong to jump in and clarify? Is that self promotion? I had a guy the other day promote another company doing the same thing as me on my own site. You might know the guy Frank. :) its still there, I had no intention on removing it.

I think self promotion off topic etc is bs. But if someone is talking about you and your products. Is it wrong to jump in and clarify? Is that self promotion? I had a guy the other day promote another company doing the same thing as me on my own site. You might know the guy Frank. :) its still there, I had no intention on removing it.

No that is not what I ment and most that have been here for any length of time know what I am saying. But if YOU come on the site and say you are having a sale then that is different. Someone else might give people a heads up. You can see some of those posted once I awhile. Clarifying what someone says is your right but sometimes that does not end so well. You would know if you have been here over the past few years. Most wont find them as they were deleted. It works both way cause if someone say something about you and it is not true would it be better to fight it out on a public board or get it deleted and no one would ever see it again ever. Cause we all know you can't put anything on the Internet that is not true. Plus if you really search around many of the business owners don't fare as well as others, not that what you say does not matter but in the past others have been flamed bad. I believe there is a place for advertisers to advertise there products but not directly on a board. Frank

I see you found the add place.

Edited by Frank

You may just have to spend some time doing searches on the Internet and contacting companies to see if they do custom orders. You could list them on your site with a disclaimer that you have no experience ordering from those companies. Maybe do a 5 star rating system and have people who visit your site rate them or contact you with a rating or other information.

Ken

• Like 1

No that is not what I ment and most that have been here for any length of time know what I am saying. But if YOU come on the site and say you are having a sale then that is different. Someone else might give people a heads up. You can see some of those posted once I awhile. Clarifying what someone says is your right but sometimes that does not end so well. You would know if you have been here over the past few years. Most wont find them as they were deleted. It works both way cause if someone say something about you and it is not true would it be better to fight it out on a public board or get it deleted and no one would ever see it again ever. Cause we all know you can't put anything on the Internet that is not true. Plus if you really search around many of the business owners don't fare as well as others, not that what you say does not matter but in the past others have been flamed bad. I believe there is a place for advertisers to advertise there products but not directly on a board. Frank

I see you found the add place.

Got ya. I see how it could backfire and turn ugly.

Mantase, I think that you have a great idea and it seems like this forum would be the place to ask such a question.  I just posted because you are referencing larger scale production.  The last two times and inquiry was made it was deleted, which I find very unfair.  I did run a banner when we first started our business, when I had a need to get my name out there.  But a lot of people, including me, have put up links and contact information for different companies and it always seemed to be fine, then suddenly the subject of my company gets deleted.  After all, I'm about the only one that does this type of work who is willing to share information and have always stood up for the purity of TU.  Anybody that ever contacts me in regard to making baits, if they've never heard of Tackleunderground, I always direct them here.  I've never self promoted my services and don't feel that such actions are necessary.  If you do good work, you don't have to. 

Frank, you and Richard both are correct when it comes to the cheerleading part and most of the time these guys get off topic real quick or post solely for the purpose of trying to start an argument.  Over the years the long term members have seen companies come and go and a lot of the cheerleading starts with trying to help new companies.  Good customer service is advertised by practice better than anything else on the market.  And to encourage people to come on a site like TU to endorse a new company without having experienced service from other companies, I feel is wrong especially when you start downing other companies.  Everyone with experience here knows that it comes down to personal preference most of the time.  It's a shame some people just get so defensive they forget this.  And in doing so forget what TU is all about.  This is absolutely without a doubt the very best and most informative bait making forum out there at this time.  People tend to forget that too.    

• Like 1

Real quick here,

Mike, I'm sorry for not responding to your prior requests for clarification, have no real excuse, just been busy.

You seem to think you were the reason "some" topics were deleted,..... it wasnt you.

Those topics were "want-ads" ...people asking "hey can anyone here make me XYZ" 

We have a place for "want ads" and theyre completely free to post, theyre completely free for you to respond to and offer your services...... just not here in the luremaking forums.

Nothing personal Mike...... Actually it has absolutely nothing to do with you,  You seem to respond to these "want ad" topics before we can delete them, so I can understand the confusion when your posts are deleted along with the offending topic.