bassrecord

Best Glow In Dark Paint?

Who makes the "brightest" Glow in the Dark paint that brushes on or can be dipped on and lasts 15 minutes or more without being refreshed by flashlight? I don't know how to measure "bright" but on a scale of 1 to 10, I hope it would be at least a 5.

Thanks for your ideas and opinions.

I've tried Rustoleum " specialty glow ".  I've brushed it with an acid brush and cleared it with etex.  The brush marks really show once the lure lights up.  I should've used a foam brush instead.

They claim it lasts for hours.  I can't confirm how long it lasts 'cause it was just a curiosity thing for me.  I tried it, it worked and put it away.  Now, I might revisit it again.  I guess I would rate it to a least a 5 'cause I haven't tried anything else to compare it against.

A friend diluted his and shot it through and airbrush.

Hope this helps.

s56

I haven't personally used this product, but it might be worth taking a look at. They claim to be the brightest and longest lasting glow paints.

http://glonation.com/bright-time-glow-paint.php

Ben,

I bet using that paint for the back and shoulders, and then scaling over it with another color would really pop.

I use the Glonation latex glow paint on spoons, applying several thick coats with a soft brush and topcoating it with Dick Nite MCU.  It's bright enough that you can almost read a newspaper in the dark!  It really pops.  How long it glows depends on the color of the paint.  Some glows for up to 12 hrs, some only 2 hrs.  The web site specifies.

The level of glow you get from paint depends on the number and size of the glow grains in the paint.  The Glonation has very large grains and lots of them, and has a grainy rubbery surface texture when dried.  The grains are large enough that it would be impossible to shoot with an airbrush.

I only use the greenish white paint so can't comment on other colors.  The paint picks up enough UV energy, even on a very cloudy day, to glow strongly.  I fish jigging spoons during the winter in water as deep as 60 ft and the bass really like it.  Works on stripers and white bass too.

John, I assume you're talking about the solvent based DN moisture cured urethane.  If so, yes - that's exactly what I use on water based glow painted spoons.  I have dipped mine but don't think it matters how you get it on the lure (in the future, I'm planning to use the tap the can method of storage and brush DN on my lures in order to preserve the finish).

A friend asked mne to make him a 10# glow in the dark downrigger weight from a mold I have.

The paint is CSI  Super Glow White vinyl from Barlows.The topcoat is D2T epoxy.

Seems to be really bright and last a long time when properly charged.

It is a bit spendy at $22.95 for a 4oz jar.

I used a led flashlight to charge this. i am sure with the right charger on a smaller lure sized object it would be a more unioform glow.

IMAG01371_zps835b5b8b.jpgIMAG0136_zps93f88290.jpg

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

I use glow nation. They have a 14 your super bright powder. You could add it to a clear top coat. I add mine to a super durable wet high gloss powder paint. It literally glows in the light if you take it outside and bring it in the house with the lights on it will glow. You might try it with that cement sealer everyone is trying. I think gts

Edited by andy1976