Mad Moose Baits

Gst International Lacquer Based Concrete Sealer As A Topcoat

Day three of this stuff, this morning I put four lures on the deck of my boat to see if they would yellow. Two of the lures had cured for 24 hours and two had 48 hours of cure time. All four were stuck to the carpet when I got home a few minutes ago. Almost like Velcro, which left scuff marks on the sides of them. Also one lure that I dipped Saturday afternoon I can actually scrap the finish off with my finger nail, and my nails are short and weak, I can't stop biting them!!! I'm still wondring if this stuff is gonna work! BTW here's a pic of the lip I dipped, I hung it by the tail and some small chunks of yellow got on the lip. I'm scared to try and scratch it off,!its only been hanging for 24 hours.A61388D8-A13D-40EC-BBF7-F3C412B26069-205

Day three of this stuff, this morning I put four lures on the deck of my boat to see if they would yellow. Two of the lures had cured for 24 hours and two had 48 hours of cure time. All four were stuck to the carpet when I got home a few minutes ago. Almost like Velcro, which left scuff marks on the sides of them. Also one lure that I dipped Saturday afternoon I can actually scrap the finish off with my finger nail, and my nails are short and weak, I can't stop biting them!!! I'm still wondring if this stuff is gonna work! BTW here's a pic of the lip I dipped, I hung it by the tail and some small chunks of yellow got on the lip. I'm scared to try and scratch it off,!its only been hanging for 24 hours.A61388D8-A13D-40EC-BBF7-F3C412B26069-205

Do you hit the lures with a hair dryer between dips?  Sounds like you're trapping some solvent under the next dip coat, and it's keeping the lure soft longer.

I found last night that I could scrape the finish off after 48 hrs cure time. As I stated earlier that I dipped 4 times, 15 minutes apart. It is still a little soft. I believe what Mark is saying about trapping the solvent is causing the issue. I will try another one and dip every hour or so while hitting with a hairdryer.

Cougarftd

Two quick questions

1 how did you go in the comp

2 how did the lures hold up

Cheers

Trout tramp

Tournament not so good (lots of small bass)

Baits held up exceptionally well... I am going to post a few pics (hope that's ok) this is the extent of the damage ...zero....zero ...hook rash. This is "4" coats, week of cure. Absolutely beautiful....and durable! Looks like the real deal. FYI...these baits were banged off of riprap. Timber...angle iron ...sat on the boat deck... 98 degrees and sunshine for 9 hours.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-25862-0-06213800-1377465366_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-15061500-1377465379_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-83659600-1377465395_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-19839600-1377465417_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-43932300-1377465427_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-41355900-1377465450_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cougarftd

Cougarftd sorry to here you didn't do as well as you had hoped in the tournament but at least you got to fish I had to pull out of a combined club comp( 3 club's around 90 anglers) due to the fact the engine in my 4x4 decided to die on me

As for them lures considering you gave them a fair old work out, in on and around plenty of hard structure they still look like they Are brand new so I will be taking your advice 4 coats, dry time in between coats and a week to cure 

thank you for sharing your result's with us as to how this has held up under pressure

Cheers

Trout tramp