Mad Moose Baits

Gst International Lacquer Based Concrete Sealer As A Topcoat

I have mine stored in four ball canning jars, but it ate the rubber seal around the lid. So i put about 12 oz in a salsa jar and have had no issues with it hardening. Unlike DN it only seems to hardens when it contacts plastic.

Does any of the concrete sealers have to have bloxgen used with it????

no bloxygen

I just orderd a gal. Of the Eagle brand sealer from Home Depot...shipping to my house was only 7.00 ....I will be using it on wooden baits...I'll keep you guys updated...Nathan

Says its not waterproof

Eagle 1-Gal. Gloss Coat Clear Wet Look Solvent-Based Acrylic Concrete Sealer

Opacity  Clear  Paint Product Type  Exterior Paint/Stain  Paint Type  Acrylic  Primer Required  No  Returnable  90-Day  Sealer  No  Time before recoating (hours)  240  Tintable  No  UV Resistant  No  Waterproof  No 

Edited by sunkist

RayburnGuy! I use this as a top coat on plastic hard baits.

Nedyarb! this stuff burns into the paint so when it scratches it takes it a the way down to the plastic, I can dig my nail in that very easy. Maybe I will try and let the paint set longer after I paint and heat set it before I dip it to see if that changes anything.----Royce

When I used dick nites my baits would take quite awhile before I could not dent the finish with my finger nail yet when I fished them there was no issue with the paint. I let mine dry 8 days before I used them (using GST)...they were bounced off the rock banks, timber, angle iron, docks...you name it. They did not mark up. Yet I could still dent the finish with my nail. I am coming up on 2 weeks and it is noticeably harder than after one week. I think they just continue to cure. I fished the in 95 degree sunny conditions and purposely left them on the deck without issue. I kept waiting for it to be an issue but it was not.I spent extra time heat setting each coat on my latest batch and they seem to be setting up faster. Will continue to work with this until it fails...so far so good.

Edited by Cougarftd

I fished mine this weekend and had similar results with the softness. They seemed to hold up ok, but if I wanted to I could probably scrap away the clear coat. I think part of my problem is that I dipped them with only 15 minutes between coats. They never seemed to get as hard as my Etex. that being said Etex is not totally rock hard anyway, but it holds up really well to regular abuse. I am going to try some more with a different process similar to Cougars. Time will tell.