Mad Moose Baits

Gst International Lacquer Based Concrete Sealer As A Topcoat

Thank you!

I'm trying to get a feel for this stuff before I use it. Would you think there would be any problem top coating 24hrs apart? Sometimes I might only get an hour or so at a time to be in the garage. I was wondering if I could dip the baits and wait till the next day when I had a little more time and dip them again? Also, I read above that the lure would not need to be scuffed between coats. Does that seem right?

Thank you!

I'm trying to get a feel for this stuff before I use it. Would you think there would be any problem top coating 24hrs apart? Sometimes I might only get an hour or so at a time to be in the garage. I was wondering if I could dip the baits and wait till the next day when I had a little more time and dip them again? Also, I read above that the lure would not need to be scuffed between coats. Does that seem right?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by top coating 24hrs apart? Do you mean painting or dipping again? For painting I would wait longer so it is not sticky to the touch for dipping 24hrs should be no problem, although I could be wrong! I am sure no pro. on this stuff still just learning myself. I scuffed mine before painting just trying to prevent any adhision problems.

It is still a guessing game for me, but the help on here has been a lot of help. The other guys on here are great at helping out.

Another general question...

Some of the other topcoats I've used like to eat my signature. To avoid it I normally just hit the lure with a couple quick sprits of acrylic clear ( rattle can), let it dry and then dip the lure in the top coat. I've also had problems with createx black running too. Has anyone had problems with this wanting to eat their signature and or the rattle can clear?

For the things you've mentioned above I will spray some Createx clear over anything I think might have a problem with whatever top coat I'm using. I haven't had any problems since starting this because the Createx clear coat is designed to be compatible with their paints. A lot of these types of problems can be traced back to one layer not being compatible with subsequent layers whether it be paint or top coat. When you start mixing and matching different components you never know for sure what type of reaction they'll have with each other. (unless you have a degree in chemistry).

Ben

Red sharpie is notorious for bleeding.

When I dip a crank that I've added red sharpie gills to, I spray with Createx clear.  But, sometimes, I leave it uncovered, so that I get a "bleeding gills" effect when I dip it and then hang it by the nose to drip dry.

I find that heat setting the sharpie, just like I do with Createx, reduces the amount it bleeds this way.

Sometimes I get my Createx at TCP Global.  The clear is listed under " Additives and Mediums".  http://www.tcpglobal.com/createx/createx-additives-and-mediums.aspx

And sometimes I order it from Coast Airbrush. On their site it's listed under "Additives and Specialty Products".    http://www.coastairbrush.com/products.asp?cat=59

You have a choice of either matte or high gloss. I use the high gloss. It will look milky in the bottle, but dries clear.

Ben

Well so far I'm sold on this stuff! I did a 3 coats on a handful of cranks Friday afternoon and fished them Sunday. Today I have them sitting outside in the sun all day to see if the clear wants to gets soft again or not? I didn't have any createx clear but I did give the lures a light coat of rattle can acrylic before the GST and they worked fine together. No peeling or crazing. Very easy product to use and the odor really isn't bad in my opinion.

Yea I have been wanting to try that createx clear and was wondering how it does.. Createx calls it gloss top or something of that nature.  Has anyone experimented with the concrete sealer at homedepot with this createx clear?

Yup.  I've had no issues.  Just make sure the paint has thouroughly dried.

Any news about GST?  I'm ready to join the "I Hate ETEX" club and GST sounds much faster and easier to use.

I have been using it a little while now, and learn more about it all the time. I am begining to like it more and more. I now use the createx clear before I dip it and have had no problems yet. Also I found not to double dip it while still wet it will wrinkle the paint. Dip it 1 time let it dry then dip it again let it dry and so on.  I personaly give it 4 dips then let it dry for a week before using it. So far this has worked for me. I hope this helps.

Royce

Edited by rhersh