Mad Moose Baits

Gst International Lacquer Based Concrete Sealer As A Topcoat

look's the same as the stuff we use over here just different brand/name if so it should work as a glue as well try some scrap timber place some on each piece place them together and then pull them apart again wait a little while and clamp them together again wait for it too set, see how it goes

Cheers

Trout tramp

I'm tellin' ya. The finish on a bait I did this weekend looks awesome. 

I still have another experiment: air ry vs air dry and a dehydrator for hardness. 

Moose,

If you're using the lacquer based product, there's no water to dehydrate.

I think keeping it warm will speed the curing process, with a little fan for air exchange.  If that's what a dehydrator does, it sounds perfect.

Moose,

If you're using the lacquer based product, there's no water to dehydrate.

I think keeping it warm will speed the curing process, with a little fan for air exchange.  If that's what a dehydrator does, it sounds perfect.

Exactly what it does, Mark. There is no AC type coil to dehumidify the air, just low heat and low fan to exchange the air. Just want to keep in the experimentation and try as many things as possible.

The crankbaits were perfect after use...not a mark on them after 40-50 casts each. They cured since last Sunday after 4 dips. This topwater was 2 dips and 12-14 hours. (Couldn't ) wait to try it.. It got used a lot ...banged into rocks...caught a bunch on it and it still did not look bad...(no worse than a lucky craft finish)...there was a slight odor when I first started but it seemed to go away after a couple of casts. The fish didn't mind ...I caught this one second cast! I will used this stuff unless something pops up later that I did not anticipate. Hope this helps.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-25862-0-20726500-1376744149_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-63854800-1376744170_thumb.jpg

post-25862-0-56100900-1376744195_thumb.jpg

I painted up a couple more, I certainly think I did not allow enough dry time on the first one. On the second I applied some glitter with solarez. It turned out really good.648D1557-8CF1-4F77-9878-603948EB4DE7-109 I also tried dipping the bill to see if it would clear it up, it seems really nice, however I will fish it in a couple days and see how it holds up. I've always hated how the knock off bills were cloudy! BA41FF8E-0DB7-417E-8151-BE8E1EBA8CAB-109

I've only had the stuff for a little more that 24 hours. I've dipped six lures in it. I took two out tonight after a 24 hour cure. Not one single mark on the lures after two hours of fishing. On a scale of one to ten I'd give it a 9.5. Super easy to dip, crystal clear thin finish and hard as nails. I think one dip may be enough, it's like dipping in water, which was kind of strange. So far so good!

I've only had the stuff for a little more that 24 hours. I've dipped six lures in it. I took two out tonight after a 24 hour cure. Not one single mark on the lures after two hours of fishing. On a scale of one to ten I'd give it a 9.5. Super easy to dip, crystal clear thin finish and hard as nails. I think one dip may be enough, it's like dipping in water, which was kind of strange. So far so good!

I mentioned this before... it does seem very thin when you dip it yet it clings so well it just covers beautifully.