joelhains

Anybody Make Their Own Silicone Skirt Tabs?

I started making my own, I use dragonskin 10 silicone from smoothon and I use their colorant slic pig for color, then craft glitter. I made a custom 3d printed rotary tool to cut the sheets. I mix the silicone light color first pour a cookie sized bit on wax paper (rough side up) then sandwich it with gloss side down. I then add darker color tothe same silicone and pour another, etc etc. Then roll it out to a thickness I want and then let it cure. Then I use the rotary blades to cut the skirts (the rough side makes the silicone stay down), if they are rolled thin enough it cuts through first try, if not I have to pull them apart. Still getting my workflow down but so far I got them to about .40 to 50 cents a jig and I think they look decent, plus I like the slightly thicker look. I've made a few youtube videos on the process if you want to check them out. Revamped Outdoors. By the way the jig is my own design and made with a 3d printed mold casted in urethane with lead shot, the FG-30 weed guard is molded in when I pour. In case folks were wondering.

20200625_232351.jpg

20200625_232414.jpg

20200625_232410.jpg

20200625_230914.jpg

20191212_090656.jpg

Edited by RevampedOutdoors
adding pictures
  • Like 1