FLIPPY

What's The Difference

The bond with the twinjector is probably better, however, using the twin injector has some challenges in itself. Running two Pyrex cups is a PITA. Working with two presto pots is a lot better but then the blending block can be a challenge too. It's nothing you can't overcome, especially with an extra set of hands, but shooting one color at a time is easier for me. YMMV...

Man, you make that look easy!

I'm just a hobby pourer, so I use POP molds and a Cabela's BBQ injector to make my baits.

When I'm doing a laminate with my two part POP molds, I heat both colors at the same time in the microwave to 340-350.

I hand pour the first half, and then I put the second color back in the microwave for 20 seconds+- while the first color cools enough not to run when I turn the mold up to vertical.  Tipping it slowly tells me pretty quickly if it's cool enough.

I put the two halves of the mold together, and then inject the second color.  If my second color is 340-350, the two colors bond.  I check the temp before I inject, and reheat if needed.

Edited by mark poulson

The Baitjunky twinjector does make it look easy. I really like the blending block with the holder on it. For me that's the challenging part and an improvement over the BassTackle twinjector. The BassTackle blending block doesn't have the holder so when you shoot you have to hold the injector and the blending block together. Then we have to transfer it all from mold to mold to shoot the baits. That's the challenge I have with BassTackles equipment. Nice design Leonard!

Thanks I guess the video is showing then. My goal in the future is one potthat holds both colors so a temp difference is no concern.

The fundamental problem with that will be that its not the temp, but the viscosity of the plastic that needs to be the same and depending on the colours used the temp difference needed to achieve the same viscosity can be a fairly wide difference in some cases. 

yes thats how we stil hand pour them. But i would suggest the mold be pretty warm to keep the cold crack lunes frim showing up and make sure your temp of second color is at least 330degrees and  first color has cooled a lttle but dont wait to long before the second color or else it wont bond correctly and peel off. i would also drop them in some water immediatly after pulling them out of the molds.

The Shooting star System from Bear's will give you consistent laminates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Xa03QAhnY

Laminating plates and/or blending blocks have their own special caveats.

If you can't afford the system ,then save the frustration and cost  of trying to produce your own laminates with the aforementioned alternatives and buy laminated worms in the package.