sdsaw

Do-It Wire Weedguard (Wwg-12) Wire Diameter

Thanks guys!

Need to modify some molds to accept this wire weedguard

He wants to mold them in during the pour

You can almost scratch a groove deep enough with .012 wire

Might have to use a different cutter other than an end mill

I have something in mind  B)

Lure parts online has these   http://lurepartsonline.com/Shop-By-Category/Mold-Insert-Components/Wire-Weedguard.html      I got them as a back up for when I run out of leader wire and I really like these, they are heavier than the Do-it wire guards but maybe they are better for what you need.

Lure parts online has these   http://lurepartsonline.com/Shop-By-Category/Mold-Insert-Components/Wire-Weedguard.html      I got them as a back up for when I run out of leader wire and I really like these, they are heavier than the Do-it wire guards but maybe they are better for what you need.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I believe that Cadman might be using those in a mold that I did for him, but glues them in after painting.

The mold being modified to accept a wire weedguard will have to be molded in during the pour because a base hole pin won't fit in the available space  (Do-it 3183 Worm-A)

I'll mention it to the owner of the mold

Edited by sdsaw

Scott,

Yes you are absolutely correct you modified a round head mold for me, in which you cut both mold halves with 5 cavities to accept the wire weedguards. I on the other hand, put (2) WWG-12 wires in the mold cavity and then pour them in place. I then paint the jigs, bake and then separate the two wire weedguards to form a "V". This mold works flawless for what I need. Job well done Scott.

Scott,

Yes you are absolutely correct you modified a round head mold for me, in which you cut both mold halves with 5 cavities to accept the wire weedguards. I on the other hand, put (2) WWG-12 wires in the mold cavity and then pour them in place. I then paint the jigs, bake and then separate the two wire weedguards to form a "V". This mold works flawless for what I need. Job well done Scott.

Thank you Ted.

It's good to know how the modified mold is being used and that it is working correctly  :yay: