FreshwaterFX

Hi, Color, Flake...pud Thumper?

Hi, everyone...

I've been lurking on this forum for awhile and--first off--thank you all. I've been manipulating baits since a child (buzzbait rigged with a 10" worm instead of a skirt, 'sup? Nine-year-old me thought I was up-skirting Strike King. I wasn't...and the fish weren't fooled.). Only recently have I started tinkering with pouring my own soft plastics. I've kept it simple: four baits; stick, ribbed worm, a craw-type bait that I call "Twig Licker", and a creature bait that kinda-sorta looks like a patent infringement that I have affectionately named "Pud Thumper".

The knowledge and openness I've found on this board is incredible. I greatly appreciate you all taking the time to answer questions from newbies, even though the topics are often repetitive.

As many of you have probably seen, Zoom lists all of their colors on their site and one I've been trying to replicate is the Green Pumpkin Orange. Is this simply green pumpkin with orange and black flake? The answer is probably obvious and I feel like a tool for even asking, but I'll take any help I can get. (I didn't see this color in the Cookbook.)

Thanks,

KD

Also...hooray fish!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-44848-0-62329300-1378950344_thumb.jpg

I just googled the color and it looks to me like a VERY light green pumpkin with large black flake, medium black flake, and small orange flake.  A touch each on the first 2 and heavy on the orange flake.

No such thing as a dumb question, my friend.  In fact, this one's a bit of a challenge.  In each bait picture on their site, the color almost looks like a light watermelon or lime green, yet they call it "green pumpkin."  Could this be a way of Zoom fooling us??  Hmmmmmmmm....................

Which leads me to my next point: if a light green pumpkin doesn't work, try light watermelon or lime green.  LOL