redg8r

Tackleunderground's Future Secured...

Hello everyone,

I have an important announcement to share with you.

After long consideration, I've decided to place the future of TU into more capable hands.

A lot of soul-searching went into my decision and those of you, who know me well, know this was not easy for me. The bottom line is, for this venue to progress, thrive and remain of benefit for you, it needs proper management. I'm no longer in a position to keep pace with the growing oversight our community needs and deserves.

I found a group who had the best interests of our community in mind, a company that shares our passion & respects what we do.

That group is LurePartsOnline.com.

We've witnessed LurePartsOnline.com step up to the next level from their earlier days as Stamina Quality Components and much of that success goes to owner Ron Stevens.

Ron has carefully assembled a select group of people with a goal of safeguarding and strengthening TU’s stance as the largest and most informative tackle making resource on the planet.

Lure Parts Online has been a generous supporter of TU for years now and I can say I am very excited for the future of TU, as they will have the means and minds to improve and progress this site in ways I myself never could.

Thank you, thank you, every one of you, thank you for your genuine insight and helpfulness over the years. You have taught me so much, you are truly masters of your craft and I am blessed to have you as friends and fellows in the craft.

Let me reiterate that I see this as a good thing for TU, as the team at LPO has the vision, time and resources to take the site to new levels that it might not otherwise reach. I will stay involved as long as it takes to ensure a smooth transition.

I'd like you to help me welcome the gentleman who will be taking on the role of administering the site and leading TU into the future.

His name is Curt Snow, an avid angler, experienced guide, forum leader and fellow tackle junkie. I'll let Curt step in and introduce himself. If any of our TU members would like to introduce yourselves to Curt, I'm sure he would appreciate that.

Curt, thank you and welcome to the Underground!

• Like 1

Thanks Jerry!

I'm looking forward to helping TU grow to the next level :)

Lure Parts Online is committed to making TU better than ever!

As Jerry mentioned, my name is Curt Snow. I'm an avid bass angler from Rhode Island. I've been fishing for bass since the late 1980s.

I'm also a webmaster of a few other websites, outdoor writer, pro guide and tournament angler. You might say that I like fishing and everything related to fishing :D

My absolute favorite kind of bass fishing is chasing big bass after dark. It has become my specialty over the last 15 years or so.

Enough about me. Let's hear from you!

Please take a minute to introduce yourself to me if you'd like to.

I'm looking forward to helping the site grow, learning new things from everybody and getting to know as many people here as I can.

Curt

Sorry to see you go Jerry, I hope LPO takes better care of this website than their own. Everytime I visit its endless long running script errors and I have to call just to order anything. It'd be a shame to see  TU reduced to that or worse, I love this site. Start backing up everything fellas I have a feeling this transition is gonna be rough. No offense meant to you Curt, I'm glad that you love fishing and I hope everything works out

Edited by Tree_Fish
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard Curt...and Jerry, you deserve a huge round of applause and a standing ovation for all you've done here at TU.The time and money you spent here at the helm of TU is incredible.Thank you for everything Jerry.

I'm really looking forward to seeing "stage 2" of T U...Nathan

Sorry to see you go Jerry, I hope LPO takes better care of this website than their own. Everytime I visit its endless long running script errors and I have to call just to order anything. It'd be a shame to see  TU reduced to that or worse, I love this site. Start backing up everything fellas I have a feeling this transition is gonna be rough. No offense meant to you Curt, I'm glad that you love fishing and I hope everything works out

Sorry to see such a low level of confidence in Lure Parts Online on your part. I know that they go to great lengths to make their customers happy. If everyone else was experiencing the same problems that you have, they would no longer be in business.

It's possible that any script errors you're experiencing might be related to something other than the LPO website. Feel free to PM me with specifics and we will see if we can get it sorted out.

Let me assure you that there will be no endless, long running script errors here at TU and the site will not be reduced to anything less than it is right now. The goal is to grow TU to something bigger and better than it is already. Had Jerry thought we were not capable, he would not have been in favor of this transition.

I am an experienced webmaster and have run forums and many other websites of my own for over 15 years. And LPO is dedicated to making TU better than it has ever been.

As for telling everyone to back up their stuff, I do believe that is uncalled for and aims to throw us under the bus before we even get started.

I'm willing to believe that others will be much more receptive to the changes than you are ;)

Welcome aboard Curt...and Jerry, you deserve a huge round of applause and a standing ovation for all you've done here at TU.The time and money you spent here at the helm of TU is incredible.Thank you for everything Jerry.

I'm really looking forward to seeing "stage 2" of T U...Nathan

Thanks Nate! Looking forward to working with you and many of the other members to build and grow TU :)

As I said above there was no offense intended. The last 3 times I have ordered from LPO I spoke with the representative on the phone about the script errors and was told they were aware of the problem and working to fix it. I don't just get them from one computer, its from every piece of equipment I use be it phone or a computer, I have tried several. In no way am I attempting to throw anyone under the bus. I genuinely hope you will do what you say you will, I work in IT for a living so I know the nature of the beast and backing up is a daily occurrence for me. There is a lot of valuable info here and I have seen some of it go bye bye before. I apologize if my statement offended you but I do stand by it. I'd be lying if I said I was receptive to this change, I like TU the way it is. I hope more than anything that you prove me wrong but in the meantime I remain skeptical.

Welcome to TU Curt. I can only hope you understand what TU means to so many of us and that you will continue to make this place the best site on the planet for lure building info.

Jerry........what can I say man? I can't thank you enough for keeping TU alive through the lean years and making it what it is today. If it weren't for what I've learned here at TU I would be sitting around wondering what I was going to do next. Not only has this site been a place to learn it has been responsible for quite a few good friendships. When I wake up each day one of the first things I think about is "wondering what's going on at TU". And if not for your dedication to the site none of that would have been possible. From the bottom of my heart I thank you Jerry.

Ben

• Like 1

As I said above there was no offense intended. The last 3 times I have ordered from LPO I spoke with the representative on the phone about the script errors and was told they were aware of the problem and working to fix it. I don't just get them from one computer, its from every piece of equipment I use be it phone or a computer, I have tried several. In no way am I attempting to throw anyone under the bus. I genuinely hope you will do what you say you will, I work in IT for a living so I know the nature of the beast and backing up is a daily occurrence for me. There is a lot of valuable info here and I have seen some of it go bye bye before. I apologize if my statement offended you but I do stand by it. I'd be lying if I said I was receptive to this change, I like TU the way it is. I hope more than anything that you prove me wrong but in the meantime I remain skeptical.

LPO is dedicated to keeping TU the open forum that it is now. We will not be changing any of that at all. So we hope everyone understands that we're not here to "take over" and make drastic changes.

We're dedicated to making the site better than ever but it will be something that we do over the course of time and with suggestions and feedback from the TU members, not just based on what we think is best.

I, myself, have worked in IT for years, so I also know the nature of the beast. I do know that LPO had some trouble with the website that effected a large number of people when trying to order, but those problems have been resolved and everything is running smoothly now.

You have my word that we will do everything we can to keep TU running smoothly and growing for everyone to enjoy for years to come.

Welcome to TU Curt. I can only hope you understand what TU means to so many of us and that you will continue to make this place the best site on the planet for lure building info.

Ben

Thank you, Ben! We fully understand what TU means to so many of you.

On a personal level, I am in the same boat as many of you here, having made many, many new friends via fishing forums.

I hope to make even more as TU grows and moves forward.

LPO is dedicated to keeping TU the open forum that it is now. We will not be changing any of that at all. So we hope everyone understands that we're not here to "take over" and make drastic changes.

We're dedicated to making the site better than ever but it will be something that we do over the course of time and with suggestions and feedback from the TU members, not just based on what we think is best.

That's awesome to hear Curt, these are the two things I was worried most about! And again I sincerely apologize if I offended you in any way, that was not my intention at all!

I find LPO's website quite easy to use, well at least the old layout, which luckily can still be used!

Only issue I have is everytime I go to buy a 220v 20lb lee pot after talking myself into it, they are Out of stock hahaha 8O

But very easy to deal with from around the other side of the world!

There is a non-fishing reason those Lee pots have been out pretty much all year (maybe not all models, most Lee pots). There has been a big run on munitions in this country due to possible legislation on gun control. Lee precision was not expecting this and most pots were on factory backorder all year. People are stocking up!

There is a non-fishing reason those Lee pots have been out pretty much all year (maybe not all models, most Lee pots). There has been a big run on munitions in this country due to possible legislation on gun control. Lee precision was not expecting this and most pots were on factory backorder all year. People are stocking up!

Good point that many anglers wouldn't realize, unless they also make their own ammo.

I find LPO's website quite easy to use, well at least the old layout, which luckily can still be used!

Only issue I have is everytime I go to buy a 220v 20lb lee pot after talking myself into it, they are Out of stock hahaha 8O

But very easy to deal with from around the other side of the world!

Glad to hear that you like the LPO site layout and functionality. The new layout was created to make it easier for species-specific lure makers to find what they need to make their baits. But we realized that some people would like the old layout, so we left that intact too!

Even though it has been said it isn't the case......I think some are skeptical just because they see it as a business opportunity for LPO to pitch their company.  I will admit I hate to see businesses get involved in what I think as a open site.  I think others have similar feelings and would hate to see LPO incorporated into the name/overall theme etc.. . As one email I received put it they hoped it had just switched over and no one was wiser who was behind the scenes they feared it would be an extension of LPO services.

Edited by Travis
  • Like 2

Welcome to TU Curt. I have known Jerry for a couple of years now on a personal level and I also work with him as well. This has been a very hard decision him to make, Jerry has helped me alot in the soft plastics and has pointed me in the right direction. This is an awesome site with good vendors. If it hasn't been for Meeting Jerry and being a TU member I wouldn't even know how to get started in bait building. I just recently ordered your catalog and I have to say I love it, you have all components I need to start tackling my next bait builds. Just have to start saving money...lol.. Hate to see Jerry go but I know on a personal note that he left it to people who are going to take care of this site like he would want it. I wish LPO the best of luck and I know you won't let us down... Once again, thank you Jerry for everything.. Welcome aboard Curt...

George.

First off I'd like to thank Jerry for his years of dedication to this site. Lot's of you don't remember the "old" site we used to hang out in. It was poorly run and finally collasped. Jerry picked up and started this TU site. What a wealth of knowledge in the bait making field is repersented on this site. So thanks for all you've done.

Welcome to LPO. Hope to see this site to continue to grow and be as well run and maintained in the future as now!