CObasser

Columbia Coatings ?

I've been making jigs for a while  and want to get into powder coating . From what I've read Columbia is a good place to purchase from . I have a couple ???? First , am I correct in assuming that if unless otherwise stated their prices are per pound  Second , I am limited on my initial $$$$ purchase , I am looking for 3 colors ( A Matt black a darker Matt brown  and a darker Matt green ) and its kinda hard to tell from the pictures so can anyone give me some of their preferences . Third , Are all their  products usable in a fluid beds .Thanks 

Yes you are correct unless otherwise noted its by the pound. With all brands of powder paint they should work well in a fluid bed but every color seems to have its quirks some like coffee filters some like brown paper bags some like the expensive filter media for fluid beds some like low pressure some high its a trial and error thing. as far as color right now I'm using pro-tec so I won't be of much help but to say that those are common colors so you should be good there.

If you want matte black I'll save you some money, Harbor Freight has powder paint and it is pretty decent, the only problem is they just have 4 colors, red, white, yellow, and matte black. Get the matte black from Harbor Freight and it is like $4.95 fpr a pound, I have a Harbor Freight store close to me and my wife has to pull me out since the local paper has coupons for 20% off with free tape measures and stuff but the powder paint is cheap and decent.

I bought some gold vein powder paint from Columbia once to match Stan Sloan colors. The product is good and cheaper than the other suppliers I have found. The one problem I have noticed is that the powder seems to be much "clumpier" than say protec or netcraft. Has anyone else experienced this? Netcraft seems to have the finest consistency but may be problematic in a fluid bed because of that. May even be the difference in batches as I'm sure netcraft doesn't make their paint but gets it from somewhere.....

I bought some gold vein powder paint from Columbia once to match Stan Sloan colors. The product is good and cheaper than the other suppliers I have found. The one problem I have noticed is that the powder seems to be much "clumpier" than say protec or netcraft. Has anyone else experienced this? Netcraft seems to have the finest consistency but may be problematic in a fluid bed because of that. May even be the difference in batches as I'm sure netcraft doesn't make their paint but gets it from somewhere.....

I believe the netcraft paint is the same Protec paint with a netcraft label on it.