Henegar

Pour Pots Or Microwave

What do you guys think the best way is, I do it in the microwave wave right now but I'm getting a few orders for two colors and it's just hard to keep the consistency in the heat , also with the pour pots do you pour straight from the pot into the mold by a lever or how, I can't find any videos on using these pots. Thanks guys for the help.

What do you guys think the best way is, I do it in the microwave wave right now but I'm getting a few orders for two colors and it's just hard to keep the consistency in the heat , also with the pour pots do you pour straight from the pot into the mold by a lever or how, I can't find any videos on using these pots. Thanks guys for the help.

I think maybe some guys modified their presto pots and drilled and tapped them. Then bought a valve to put on it. Seems they had some problems keeping those valves hot enough for the plastisol to stay in liquid state. Jbob's on the money here but lots of opinions abound. I'll grab my popcorn.

I think maybe some guys modified their presto pots and drilled and tapped them. Then bought a valve to put on it. Seems they had some problems keeping those valves hot enough for the plastisol to stay in liquid state. Jbob's on the money here but lots of opinions abound. I'll grab my popcorn.

If done correctly, no issues keeping nozzle hot enough. It has been explained on here many times as on other sites. I know we explained it bou'cou' on Bears forum. I mysef' helped many to build their own pot or pots. If your gona do hand pour, or open pour molds, the pot with valve is definatly the easiest and best method I have found. Of corse all my rtv molds I put alum on bottom, which allows you to manipulate the mold under the valve for easy pouring of a small stream of hot plastic. It was not that many years ago when Bear started offering Hand Injection, so pouring was the most used method. I still don't inject, only pour from presto pots.

• Like 1

IPT , dat is why you put a motorized stirring system.  When I did my first lures in 87, that was the issue, stirring and keeping plastic from scorching.   This thread might help     http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/topic/14203-pouring-station/?hl=kajan#entry106399