Painter1

Mr. Whiggley ?

Does anyone know what the blue mold material is?

Hey Smallie I had the same question, the answer is: It is the Plat 55. The downside of the Plat 55 is that it is highly recommended you degas (vacuum) the rubber to remove the air as it is really thick. The alternative to that rubber in a silicone that does not require degassing is the Quick Set. This would be a much stiffer rubber that is great for 2 piece molds that does not need to be vacuumed.

Note; It does not appear that Larry carries it on his site but it is on Alumilites corporate site.

Edited by Gon2long

He is a clever guy with a LOT of big fish experience.

I sent an email asking if he minds if I fool around with making a similar lure.  I still have to figure out how to rig hooks in it, but I will wait to hear if there is any heartburn about the project first.   I'm guessing he would not have made a series of videos about it if he wanted to keep it to himself

I don't see you having anything to worry about with regards to that bait. Mr. Wiggly was found in many shelves at Wally World for a time period probably pushing 10 years ago before being bought out and discontinued. (but no eyes).  The eye trick has been used for some time also on various baits (pen insert and smaller craft store eyes).   I like his videos but it isn't anything I haven't seen here on TU over the years.