shastaron

Color Matching Help.

Looking to match a lure top coat on some spinnerbaits.  I think it is a white base coat.  Then a clear with a neon green and blue super fine glitter suspended giving it a holographic effect.  I will be applying ot the body and blades

I can't find a color chart for the Pro-Tec Glitter Top Coat.  I can brush liquid or dip powder since I am only doing a few one offs.

I will be matching this on twin willow leafs with a custom Silicone Pearl/Blk Flake Blue Tint Holographic skirt.  The idea is for our western clear water lakes that have shad.  The bass seems to respond to white willow leafs and ghost/holographic baits.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Before you do the blades go to either Barlows Tackle or Lure Parts Online and check out the Dpi laser blades, I have had a lot of success on river smallmouth in gin clear water with those blade. As for the color, use the paint you are familiar with, the reason being is that if you really need to have a similar color you need to know how to use the paint, powder paint on small jigs is pretty easy but doing spinnerbaits and blades requires a little bit of a learning curve. The glitter coat that you describe sounds like silver holographic, you can get some nice fine holographic glitter at TJs tackle, if you use vinyl or airbrush paint you can add the glitter to the wet paint and then put a clear coat on top or you can mix the glitter into the to coat or epoxy and apply it that way.