New tricks I've picked up...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 the-bass-catcher

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:33 PM

There you go Sam! I think it is good that each person stands beside their personal preference, but to an outsider we'd all look like a bunch of fools arguing over something so small. But on the other hand, an outsider wouldn't know how important the clearcoat is...hmm...
There's something for us to think about... :lol:

I once had a problem with devcon after I first began using it. Sometimes spots on the bait wouldn't harden...but that was only because I was in too much of a rush and didn't stir the blend good enough!

#22 Mesabooger

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:13 PM

Where can I get some E-tex? I'm getting ready to start making some cranks. Also, is there a way to get a matte finish with E-tex?

#23 Richoc

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:52 PM

Most chain hardware stores have it.

Envirotex Lite is what you are looking for.

Your not going to get a matte finish with, that I know of.

#24 Skeeter

Advanced Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:55 PM

The wrist is doing well. I get this (@$& cast off on the 28th. The only problem is that my arm looks like a tooth pick. Got alot of ball squeezing to do to get it back to size. Not being able to work on my baits has just killed me. I'm behind on everything. The wrist is stiff but getting back to sanding will loosen it up.

#25 RiverMan

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:36 PM

You are exactly right about the spots, they are caused by problems with mixing. This is why I always mix in a small dixie cup. The cup insures that all of the epoxy becomes part of the mix. If you try to mix the stuff on a flat surface it's very easy for some to escape and become a "sticky spot" on the final product.

#26 Terrydabassman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:11 PM

I cannot find ANYBODY that carries Etex Lite and I've looked hard.
You're spraying Etex in your air brush?
What are you cleaning it with?
Do you add anything to the mix other than Etex lite?
If so, what measurements would you use to do 2 - 3 lures.

#27 YosemiteSam

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:45 AM

Terry, I was guided to look in TrueValue or Ace hardwares, and I got mine there Yesterday.