Painter1

Smelly Jelly

I know some guys who swear by Smelly Jelly as the best attractant available though I have not used it.  I understand that it is very strong and masks human odor.  

I'm wondering If this material could be used as an "in the bag" additive, either straight or modified for a thinner constitution?  

Anyone with any experience with this stuff? 

Thank you

I've been using the liquid crawfish formula for years and firmly believe it makes bass hold onto the lure longer. The way I apply it is to put some in a ziploc baggie and after hooking the plastic it's lowered into the baggie and squished around in the scent. The reason I don't try to treat a whole bag of plastic baits is that this stuff has a really strong odor, as well as being oily, and I don't want it all over my hands while trying to thread the hook through a piece of plastic.

Ben

Ever heard the old adage "a drop will do ya"? Well in the case of smelly jelly it is especially true. It is by FAR the strongest scent I have ever used. I've never used the paste/jelly only the liquid but, I can tell you it is incredibly strong and because of that strength of smell a small bottle will last you a very, very long time. Whatever you do, don't spill it onto your boat carpet or really any carpet. My friend found that out the hard way with his old skeeter haha.

You can lay your plastic on the fiberglass boat gunnel, once it's rigged, and shoot some scent on it there.

The scent won't hurt the fiberglass, and the excess it there so you can just rub your plastic in it again when you want to reapply it.  It comes right off when you wipe down your boat.

It really saves time when you're fishing.

I really love the stuff but  can't use it as my partner is allergic to it. Within an hour of touching it or even touching where it has touched something in the boat his hands where it comes in contact with him will blister and crack open. Don't know whats in it that does that to him but I don't dare use it anymore. Too bad; because as I said it worked really well for me.

I really love the stuff but  can't use it as my partner is allergic to it. Within an hour of touching it or even touching where it has touched something in the boat his hands where it comes in contact with him will blister and crack open. Don't know whats in it that does that to him but I don't dare use it anymore. Too bad; because as I said it worked really well for me.

Sounds like it's time for a new partner!  Hahaha

Sounds like it's time for a new partner!  Hahaha

Actually I did Mark. I don't do full season tournys anymore. 13 or 14 of them in 4 months is a bit much now so my wife and I just go when when we want to. Much more relaxing and it has side benefits I didn't have before;lol.

Ever heard the old adage "a drop will do ya"? Well in the case of smelly jelly it is especially true. It is by FAR the strongest scent I have ever used. I've never used the paste/jelly only the liquid but, I can tell you it is incredibly strong and because of that strength of smell a small bottle will last you a very, very long time. Whatever you do, don't spill it onto your boat carpet or really any carpet. My friend found that out the hard way with his old skeeter haha.

You ever ask him if he got annoyed with that thumping noise as bass kncoked themselves unconscious ramming his boat and trying to eat it?  I imagine it woul be really perterbing in a torunament.  All those stunned bass floating around the boat, and none of them legal to weigh in because they can't be caught by angling when they are out cold. 

That's why I never painted a school of minnows on the bottom of my boat.  LOL.  I'ld be afraid some big striper would bash a hole right through it.  ROFL 

• Like 1