J lure

Single Hook Hard Baits

Hey Guys

I was searching the internet looking for weedless options for hard baits and I came acrcoss these. I was wondering if any of you had any input on this set up or more importanlty has any tried? I know the best way is trial and error and that I need to try it myself, but was hoping to start here. Any type of lures or fish  it would or wouldn't work on?

Thanks

Jason

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

Lures AA.png

lures BB.png

post-24685-0-21488400-1381803393_thumb.png

post-24685-0-05866400-1381803423_thumb.png

Jason,

A while back I made some deep divers with single hooks, like the Sebile cranks.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/gallery/image/10603-deep-diver-single-hook13/

They swim well, and dive well, but I've never gotten bit, that I know of.  So I went back to trebles, and I got bit on the same lures rerigged with trebles.  

I think I underestimated how fish slap at deep cranks as they go by, instead of taking them totally in their mouths.

I never thought about trying it with a shallower crank.  Now that you've posted the question, I think I'll give it a try.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Mark

I was never a fan of that set up. Great for less weeds, but poor hook up connection. The fish has to

directly attack the lure from behind,taking the away side attacks and even slaps. Do me a favor and take that same sebile setup and use one of the options I posted and let me know. I’m hoping
that there is no difference between option A and B. Since option B would get less snags and weeds.

Jason,

A while back I made some deep divers with single hooks, like the Sebile cranks.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/gallery/image/10603-deep-diver-single-hook13/

They swim well, and dive well, but I've never gotten bit, that I know of.  So I went back to trebles, and I got bit on the same lures rerigged with trebles.  

I think I underestimated how fish slap at deep cranks as they go by, instead of taking them totally in their mouths.

I never thought about trying it with a shallower crank.  Now that you've posted the question, I think I'll give it a try.

Fingers crossed!

Not sure of the name of the double hook like used to be used on the H&H spinnerbaits from years ago, but they might be an option. Just position the hook so the round bend is facing forward and it should give you a weedless bait with a double hook. Or you could mount your trebles so there is one hook facing forward and just cut that one off.

Ben

Jason,

The weedless aspect is what made me try that method in the first place.

I might be willing to make a square bill with that hook setup, but not a minnow bait.  I fish a square bill fast, hitting anything that's in it's way, like a spinnerbait, so the snagless hook might work well.  I throw minnow baits in open water, where snags aren't as much of a problem, and I want all those hooks that two or three trebles provide.

I've tried doubles like Ben mentioned and singles but mostly on spoons and spinners. Also tried singles on countdown Rapalas for Lake Michigan. Didn't notice too much difference in hookups with the doubles but my experiments with singles didn't fare as well.

bill