BassAboveThe49th

Buying Blank Crank Baits And Eyes

I went with predatorbassbaits.com

I was very satisfied with the service and my first bait caught fish even though it looks garish and the topcoat went badly.

Even the price was good.

besides the people BJ mentioned, I seriously considered Netcraft cause I thought with the stuff that I brought at netcraft, buying blanks at the same place would save money.

BTW. these guys bill themselves as having the "widest selection of tackle components and lure making parts available in Canada"

there was a few things in their catalogue I didn't see in other places and seriously considered buying (a dizzying inventory of perfoot prism tape).

they Also sell blanks. There minnow blanks cost quite a lot less than the ones I bought. though I have no idea of their quality.

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/crankbaits/glued_minnow_bodies.htm

BTW. these guys bill themselves as having the "widest selection of tackle components and lure making parts available in Canada"

there was a few things in their catalogue I didn't see in other places and seriously considered buying (a dizzying inventory of perfoot prism tape).

they Also sell blanks. There minnow blanks cost quite a lot less than the ones I bought. though I have no idea of their quality.

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/crankbaits/glued_minnow_bodies.htm

Thanks for the link.

Hey guys I have a bunch of cranks and I want to get into more unpainted baits that are good quality.  It has been some trial and error but I found a couple companies that carry very nice looking and running stuff.  I know one of the companies is the same as dakotalakestackle because I worked with the guy and we used to sell them seperatly but buy together.  I would like your input to what kind of baits you guys are looking for and if you want I will throw a discount to all you tackle underground guys with a coupon code.  Thanks for the input in advance,

TEK Outdoors

www.tekoutdoors.co

TEk if you can find a suspending lipless bait similar to a Mirrolure 17MR or a Rapala Twichin Rap I'll buy them !!!! lol. Nobody makes any KO lures for inshore fishing that I know of. Closest thing I have found is some small glide baits that come straight from China.They would be awesome cause they are the same size as the Strike Pro Baby Buster and cheaper. Only problem was you have to buy like 2000 of them which is little more than I need. Heck if someone could build me blanks from wood I would pay $$$$$. Seen a few wood blanks for sale for they're just a bit to heavy for my inshore speckled trout fishing needs. 3"-4" 1oz or less suspending or really slow sinking would be great but I have a feeling they just aren't available to small time folks like myself. Sorry for jacking the thread, I got a carried away. Happy Holiday's guys and gals!!............. Joe

I live in Switzerland and order a fair amount of my lure making supplies from the USA, (both for choice and price). In exchange for a few free painted Cranks, I ship them to a friend in Washington DC (with a Swiss wife)  who then mails them to me with GIFT written on the package, (which avoids the import tax), or brings them over at Christmas in his suitcase. Sure not express delivery but this method has probably saved me few dollars over the past few years :-)

I just want to specify, I am not buying anything to resell and we are talking max 20-30 blanks,5/10$ worth of eyes and maybe a couple of small bottles of Createx at a time!

Might want to check out www.wlure.com  I bought some cheap 1.5s from them and had good luck, caught fish and held up well.  Can't tell you the quality of other blanks from them though.  I have a few lipless cranks on order from them right now.  Oh yea they offer free shipping on everything, but be prepared for your package to take about a month to arrive because it is coming from China.  Might also want to check there ebay store wlureshop.  The time I bought off there ebay store took only 3 days in shipping.

I found one that looks similar to the strike king square bill but I am not sure on the size.  I will keep an eye out for the Mirrolure 17MR or Rapala Twitchin Rap KO's.  Thank you for the suggestions though.

I'd also be interested in the Mirrolure 17MR-like blanks if anyone happens to come across them.  My go to bait for inshore Alabama reds and specs.

The following are lures that I have had trouble obtaining good quality blanks for:

I haven't been able to find a good suspending jerkbait similar to the ito vision 110 or the lucky craft slender 112.  They look good but don't suspend, they all sink.  Latest I tried was Predator Baits was the closest I got to suspending.  To get it to suspend I have to use smaller hooks that you want.  I have even tried putting the ito vision hardware and hooks on and also the lucky crafts.  Got the  one to suspend but I had to leave the middle hook off. 

Lipless crankbait blanks....I have used do-it blanks but they are not as stable as rat-l-traps that I have stripped and repainted.  Anyone have a good lipless crank similar to 1/2oz rat-l-trap or the lucky craft LV500?

I have all the 1.5 and 2.5 options I need except a deeper 2.5 squarebill similar to the Lucky Craft BDS4 if anyone knows of a good blank for this.