Painter1

Hot Plastic Discoloring ?

The way it looks in this post to someone that has no knowledge of the events between you and Kajan a month ago is that on the 31st of October you stated he inspired you to design a stir system. Then on November 1st you stated that you had the problem solved with a stir system that will run while holding your different types of injectors. Just looked like you designed it, made it and tested it in one day. I just know from experience it takes much longer to get a viable product. 

thank you for clearing that up.

Not sure where you live Frank, but here, In South La. if you use Saltwater or saltwater/med mix, and don't stir your plastic, it will scorch in no time. Might be because of the density of the plastic is higher, but it is a fact. I am just tryin to save people from having trouble. I started making my own plastics in 1987. I had no stir system, was the old methods, was a pain in the butt trying to keep your plastic moving in a pan using a hot plate. When here on TU I saw someone had made a Motorized stir system, I could not believe I hadn't thought about doing that, but at that time I had stopped makin lures. But after seeing that, thats when I made my own system, improved on the design and came up with a paddle that works great. Just because some one might of tried a stir system and didn't have good luck with it, it goes back to the paddles, not all paddles work the same, I built and tested many types until I came up with current design I have now, which is also what Bear sells. I never push anyone to buy a stir system, but I sure hope they try and make their own if nothin else, and I have helped many people to do that.

But for someone to come out and tell anyone who pours enough lures that they want to use more than a microwave and tell them they absoloutly don't need a stir system, well, I think they are agenda driven and I will stop at that, since it is foolish to argue with a fool.

So, reason I posted on th is thread was because someone was having trouble with yellowing plastic. If it is using a pot with a stir system with correctly made paddle, I assure you it is not gona yellow unless he got a batch of bad plastic.

Kajan, I love your (Bears) stir paddles.  My color change was very quick and it turned more of a sickly green from pearl white.  

I still wish someone would tell me who makes the high quality heating pots that are better than Presto.  I asked before but was answered with questions.

To ALL of you who have helped me, and none more so than Frank, please accept my thanks and my gratitude.   I continue to learn and find you guys on this forum invaluable.  We may frustrate each other but I think that is just the nature of typed communication.

It would be my privilege to buy the first round if/when we get a chance to meet.

I wanted to add, if you look at my pouring station pics I posted years ago on TU, you will read where I said My pots are insulated. It is easy for anyone to just wrap fiberglass insulation around your pots to help hold in heat and it also keeps heat distriputed in the pot. You can also purchase a heat band or motor heater strip you could add to your existing pots if you wish. You can do this without any fancy controls or gauges, just check your temps on the strips prior to installing around the pot to know your settings, and you should be good to go. I never tried this because I had no need to. But might be what your looking for Painter.

• Like 1