HickoryHollow

Rotisserie

Hi all,

I was watching youtube videos of lure making. On several of them, I saw a rotisserie in use to rotate the lure so clear coat doesn't run. I checked fleabay and found a rotisserie motor for 4 bucks and a couple of dollars shipping.

I rigged up a rotisserie that I can clamp my back eye hook onto. I want to tell you what.......No matter how long you have been making lures, if you clear coat them, you need to get a rotisserie. It makes it almost look like you know what you are doing with finishes. Wow, what a difference. The finish goes on thick, thick, thick and levels out to a mirror finish!

Is everybody using them already?

Yeah I have been using mine for awhile now  (8/9) years.  Fifty is no problem on mine and could be modified to take more easily but I liked the larger spacing as I don't end up bumping lures when putting them on.   I used wood "thread" spools and drilled holes around the diameter for my alligator clip/dowel holders.  I have a set screw through each spool to tighten onto the square shaft.  

I never had one fall off with just friction fit but I end up just gluing them in just in case.  If one or two get broken I just replace with new spool.  I think my rotisserie is rated for 75 pounds of meat so more lures than I ever want to clear coat at any setting.   :lolhuh:

DSC_0249_zpscde124e9.jpg

Edited by Travis

My turner is pretty similar to the two pictured. The block of wood attached to my turner motor is covered in the rough side of some Velcro. I have dowel rods that have alligator clips on one end and the soft side of the Velcro on the other end. I use the dowel rod as a handle while I paint and clear the bait. Then just stick the handle to the turner using the Velcro while the clear dries.

Hey Fellas,

I made this a couple of years ago with the help of my mechanically inclined buddy. Purchased an old stereo cabinet off CL for $20 and got to modifin' .......It will heat to ~110 degrees when needed and i can fit a number of large musky sized lures on it. no slipping and with the gear/bearing/tension system it does not need to be balanced so a single large lure can go on with no problems.

Happy building!

Best,

MS

4654571a-c326-47ed-8afc-588d4cdf25ea_zpsdownload45_zpsc6cfd885.jpgdownload29_zpsc195d09f.jpg

• Like 1